No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Yzerman started off, there was a good mixture of offensive and defensive teams. Under Jacques Demers, the Wings were mostly a defensive team with one super scoring star. I miss the days when a mostly offense-oriented team could win the Stanley Cup. I'd like to see the league eliminate the trapezoid entirely and say that the goalie can't play the puck outside the crease at all. I'd also like to see the refs force the goaltenders to play the puck more often. Too many puck freezes and faceoffs. It seems to be especially bad this playoff year.

Comment

• Run-n-gun shootouts were spectacular, Leftwing-locks and neutral-zone-traps although devised by the Czechoslovakians in the 1970's to neutralize the the talent-rich Soviet Teams, we can thank Jacques Lemaire for bringing it to the NHL.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Yeah hockey was becoming ridiculous before they changed the obstruction rules during the lockout.

Comment

• Hockey in the post-lockout era is vastley superior to the pre-lockout days. Goddamn New Jersey almost ruined the sport. The last three Cup winners have been very talented offensively and relatively fun to watch.

Comment

• Under Jacques Demers, the Wings were mostly a defensive team with one super scoring star.
            Good ole Hack and Whack! Weren't there a couple versions of H&W? One was the Delorme/Norwood tandem. I can't remember the other
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Joe Thornton is such a pussy.

Comment

• I really liked Thornton's Game 5 play and for that matter, the play of the entire Sharks team.

Thornton was strong on face-offs, he set up the first goal, played strong on the backcheck, he was winning battles and doing a great job defensively.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• 18-6 shots on goal in favor of Detroit, but no score. If the Wings lose this game, it will be cosmic payback for Game 5.

Comment

• 1-1 now. Completely dominated the game but it's tied.

Comment

• Sharks get away with six men on the ice and Red Wings score on the non-penalty! For once, the refs dick over the Wings and it works in our favor.

Comment

• Game 7 baby!

Comment

• Joe Thornton is a POS punk! Three down, one to go! Heading To Game 7

Comment

• Thornton is such a cheap-shot loser.

Comment

• Just when you think the Wings are dead, they come around and play three of their best games of the season. Tonight's 3rd period may have been their best 3rd period of the season. The crowd was really a factor.

I'd drop the gloves with Thornton on the opening face off in game 7
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thornton was strong on face-offs, he set up the first goal, played strong on the backcheck, he was winning battles and doing a great job defensively.
                                Yes, let him keep playing the way he is (without the dirty cheap shots and diving) - Joe Thornton is a -6 for the series head to head against Hank who is a +6.

Comment

Working...
                                X