Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face it, Purdue's relevance has little to do with Ohio State. You could take the Buckeyes out of the conference and Purdue would still struggle to ever contend for a title in football.

Comment

• still a nice effort on mocking tressel. That is not solely a U-M right
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        A more detailed report on the Spring Game. Sounds like it was a pretty small crowd

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...te-spring-game

I bet those fat fux with the face paint were there.

Comment

• Those guys should start doing a push-up for every point we score on Michigan. They'd skinny up pretty fast

Comment

• heh

Comment

• That was pretty good.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• They'd probably cheat.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Those guys should start doing a push-up for every point we score on Michigan. They'd skinny up pretty fast

Nah, looks like they "earned" a donut for every dollar paid to a Tressel player, seems like morbid obesity in Columbus. No reason why Tressel's scams can't payoff for everyone.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• More fuel for the fire ..... seems to me a lot of what the NCAA ends up doing to osu will hinge on whether or not they think tressel acted rationally, or deviously (advancing the competitive interests of the team), in protecting a federal investigation during it's initial undertaking by not talking about the tat5 to anyone but close confidants.

It also looks (according to the second link) like the NCAA does not think Smith and Gee knew what tressel was up to or they would have asked for arguments against a loss of institutional control from osu.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Here's the complete Notice of Allegations .... pretty grim.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I have no concept of how to interpret these NCAA reports. Anyone want to sum up what this likely means for OSU football?

Comment

• Echoing Jamie's post...

Comment

• After reading all that and considering it, here's my take .....

I don't understand,, based on what has already been identified by inquiry as violations of the NCAA bylaws, that tressel has not been fired by osu. I don't see any way he is going to survive this.

osu is going to end up vacating all its wins in the 2010 regular season because the players in question were so obviously ineligible when they played that there is no other option here.

osu is going to end up vacating it's bowl win in 2011 because the eligibility determination of the players in question made by the NCAA in December was based on false testimony provided by osu (jim tressel). The players were, in fact, ineligible.

The rest is speculative because the NCAA either accepts the punishments that osu has already set forth or it doesn't. Of course, as an avid hater of everything involving osu, I want the NCAA to bury osu at least commensurate with what USC got. But I'm wise enough to know that may not happen and there may be good reason for it that we are not going to find out about. Here's what my fair and balanced mind would dish out in addition to the penalties already imposed by osu:

Show cause for tressel.

3 scholarships every year over three years starting in 2012 for cheating to gain competitive advantage.

Not eligible for Big Ten Championship game in 2011 season.

Ban from post season play in 2011 and 2012.

Comment

• It certainly seems like there's a ceiling now, if the lack-of-institutional-control penalty is out. USC got that charge, 30 scholarships over 3 years, and a two-year post-season ban. I have no idea, but if that's the case, it's hard to imagine OSU too will get a two-year postseason ban.

Would it be the NCAA's decision to ban them from the B10 championship game, or the B10's?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                It certainly seems like there's a ceiling now, if the lack-of-institutional-control penalty is out. USC got that charge, 30 scholarships over 3 years, and a two-year post-season ban. I have no idea, but if that's the case, it's hard to imagine OSU too will get a two-year postseason ban.

Would it be the NCAA's decision to ban them from the B10 championship game, or the B10's?
                                I agree there is a ceiling. It appears that from the inquiry, it has been determined that gee and smith didn't know what tressel was doing. I think some emails and phone logs have still not surfaced in the public domain under FOIA but if the Notice of Allegations we have is a complete version, the NCAA Inquiry has already concluded they didn't know and the dreaded Loss of Institutional Control is off the table.

I think its a B10 decision Hack but the NCAA would likely force their hand if they wanted to play hardball and that will depend on how osu acts going forward. The NCAA could conceivably deny specific TV coverage for osu's participation in B10 Championship Game; to prevent a black-out of its first game should osu win its division, Delaney would likely choose to ban them from his level.

Comment

Working...
                                X