No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a call my 12 year old made the city All-star team! these are the kids that if they win enough could end up playing on espn vs taiwan/china/japan/cube etc

Watching his season I pretty much expecting it. there was around 8-9 I figured would get picked Dawson, Kyle, Scott, Alex, Jake, Zach (all from his team) Brady, Cole , Joe from other teams the last 3 ???
    I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• Congrats, King! Sounds to me though, the elite team only gets picked from one league?
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Congrats, King! Sounds to me though, the elite team only gets picked from one league?
        it's a small enough town we only have 1 league. each city picks a team and then they play other citys, then state, then regions in a tournament format. I think it's 8 regions that go to PA but not sure.

Yes it's 8 regional tams go to PA. winner of USA plays an international team
        Last edited by King Cole; June 15, 2008, 04:41 PM.
        I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• Deke, how was it in the pits before the race? Someone was holding a Fire Millen sign during the Race Day show. Nice to see Junior finally win.
          "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Thanks for asking, Rommy!

We had an absolute blast.............

One crew member gave Mike a couple of 'game worn' lugnuts, we took tons of pics, and it was an absolutely beautiful day......

I thought Jr was dead when the caution came out

I enjoyed it so much more than my last 15 NFL games
            Last edited by Newbomb Turk; June 16, 2008, 01:36 PM.
            The only logical explanation is:
            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Cool pic! Your son is a handsome devil. Junior definitely won on a wing and prayer. It was nice to see him so happy. Been a long time coming.
              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• I bet your family had a wonderful time. Your son looks very happy.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks, Deb, my wife was very happy I did not have 4 tickets she hates racing...

it was just an all boys weekend, the Mrs and my daughter went camping at our deluxe accomadations in Plywood in the Pines Recreational Trailer Park.
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Ohh lol. What a nice day for the boys, then!
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Getting a new toy delivered today...

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Nice! My lawn is right about that size where I probably don't need a rider, but I really get tired of mowing it - especially since my rear wheel drive is dying on my Honda push mower.

I've been thinking about going with one of those robotic babies
                        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• That does look pretty cool.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Sure - those things looks great - until millions of robo mowers attain consciousness and revolt.

Comment

• Think Tom is on to something lol... (from Cons.Reports

Robotic mowers: Close-up
                              We test two machines and find one Not Acceptable

Robotic mowers promise to save time and effort as they rove within a perimeter wire that sets the mowing boundaries. But like many robots in countless sci-fi movies, one of these robotic machines poses a serious risk to those it would serve.

We tested Friendly Robotics' $2,000 RoboMower RL1000 and LawnBott's $2,500 LB3200 Evolution. Both crisscross randomly within their boundaries, reversing direction when they reach the wire or an obstacle and returning to their charging stations when needed. And both use metal blades. When we lifted the 78-pound RoboMower while mowing, its blades stopped roughly 1 second after its wheels left the ground. But the blade on the 25-pound LawnBott robotic mower kept spinning until we lifted it beyond roughly 45 degrees. Even after that, its blade took nearly 4 seconds to stop. In our judgment, either situation could harm an adult or a curious child.

We contacted the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and asked it to investigate the LawnBott LB3200. We also contacted this Italian-made robotic mower's U.S. distributor, which told us that a downloadable software update stops the blade within 1 second after this mower is lifted beyond about 35 degrees. But even if the blade stops more quickly, according to the distributor, it won't stop until you lift the mower beyond about 35 degrees. The distributor says that feature allows the LawnBott to work on steeper slopes. We believe that even with this update, the LawnBott LB3200 Evolution poses a serious safety risk and have judged it Not Acceptable.

Since 1983, all powered walk-behind mowers must protect hands and feet by stopping the blades quickly after the operator releases a handlebar deadman control, as part of a mandatory CPSC standard Consumers Union helped develop. Ride-on machines stop their blades when the operator leaves the seat as part of a voluntary industry standard. Yet no such standard exists for robotic mowers. We believe that all mowers should be required to meet effective safety standards.

As for the RoboMower, its cut was unimpressive, and it sometimes got stuck and didn't return to its charger. We also question the time-saving claims. With both robotic mowers, you're warned to keep children and pets away. RoboMower warns you to supervise its mowing?advice we support for all robotic mowers. For a half-acre lawn, that could mean 4 hours of supervising several times a week, compared with about an hour a week of walking or sitting with a mower.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I definately need one, my yard is at least 200 square feet...
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X