No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hes really fun to watch, this is the best thing to watch in Detroit sports now.

Comment

• Shit, breaking my promise... but wanted to contribute with this classic forum clip (thanks to Frank(?) or Mainevent... forgot who introduced me to this...)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynY2begPzoM"]Take Him To Detroit - YouTube[/ame]

the one time failed promise:

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      Cavs vs Warriors NBA Finals. See ya'll in this thread 9 months from now, in June of 2018.
      What's sad is how this is a 9 month season and we already know the conclusion.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Bradley is officially on the block.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Shit, breaking my promise... but wanted to contribute with this classic forum clip (thanks to Frank(?) or Mainevent... forgot who introduced me to this...)

Take Him To Detroit - YouTube

the one time failed promise:
          That was me, from the Kentucky Fried Movie. Love that film.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• This is one of those trades that sound so one-sided that you think something has to be seriously wrong with Griffin. I guess it's either that or the Clippers are really going into full blow-it-all-up mode and become the Clippers we remember for a few years.

Comment

• Well, he's making $30+ million for the next four years with an extensive lower body injury history.

Comment

• The Clippers are blowing things up, it is a weird deal for them because it doesn't give them a lot of rebuilding assets. Cap clearing and picks.

For the Pistons it is a risk, but it is worth taking the risk. In the NBA you can tank, you can try to build through free agency or just continue to trade until you find a good mix..

Comment

• Hey, this is pretty much the only way the Pistons CAN land an established superstar, by rolling the dice on one with some sort of questionable history, be it physical or mental. I'm perfectly fine with it, especially since the Pistons honestly didn't give up all that much.

Shame Kander's not still around; he seemed to be able to do magic with players that had nagging injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Hey, this is pretty much the only way the Pistons CAN land an established superstar, by rolling the dice on one with some sort of questionable history, be it physical or mental. I'm perfectly fine with it, especially since the Pistons honestly didn't give up all that much.

Shame Kander's not still around; he seemed to be able to do magic with players that had nagging injuries.

This is 100% true. AND it leads to the possibility of actually signing someone decent during next year's crazy free agency. The Pistons could easily grab a second tier guy like Parker or Wiggins on a decent deal, especially with a 'come play with Blake and Dray and get free looks from 3 all day' type pitch. Add that to Reggie Jackson coming back and you could have a finals contender, barring injury. The 'Barring Injury' being the key disclaimer.
                    1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• I like Griffin's game, so I'll have to tune in some Pistons games to see how it comes together.

I'm a bit leery of the "build by adding a big name" approach by the Pistons. Their past success was always done through young talent and castoffs / role players coming together as a team.
                      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
                        This is 100% true. AND it leads to the possibility of actually signing someone decent during next year's crazy free agency. The Pistons could easily grab a second tier guy like Parker or Wiggins on a decent deal, especially with a 'come play with Blake and Dray and get free looks from 3 all day' type pitch. Add that to Reggie Jackson coming back and you could have a finals contender, barring injury. The 'Barring Injury' being the key disclaimer.
                        With what cap space? The cap this summer is expected to be $108 mil. Over $80 mil will be tied up in Blake, Dre, Reggie and Leuer. Another $12.5 in Ish and Galloway. $6+ in Stanley and Luke. Plus, Tolliver, Bullock, Ellenson, Moreland, and Reed. They're capped out, unless they make more trades.

Also, Wiggins signed an extension last summer.

I don't mind adding Blake Griffin, so long as he's healthy. If he's not, it's an anchor contract. Kind of a bigger version of what they have with Reggie Jackson right now.

We need somebody to pull an Arnie Kander on McDyess-type of healer/trainer. Arnie is out there.

Comment

• The Pistons miss Arnie.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• No chance they can sign someone decent in the offseason as things currently stand. They are capped out for the next three years. This actually can't be the last trade. They will have to see what they have this season and trade again in the offseason. That John Leuer contract and the Josh Smith stretch provision really hurts them along with that Reggie Jackson contract.
                            Last edited by froot loops; January 30, 2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• The Pistons really turned Ersan Ilyasova and Brandon Jennings' expiring contracts into Blake Griffin.

-- Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) January 29, 2018
                              One under the radar aspect of the Blake Griffin trade is that the Pistons created a $7M trade exception. Detroit will have a full year to use and the exception could be a valuable asset based on roster/cap restrictions next season.

-- Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) January 30, 2018
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Pistons acquire Blake Griffin from Clippers for Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, protected draft picks
                                The winner of an NBA trade usually goes to the team that gets the best player. Blake Griffin obviously holds that distinction. Griffin, a perennial All-Star, has averaged at least 21 and eight in each of the past three seasons.

That said, this is not a simple grade. Griffin is very injury-prone, and his $200 million contract was an albatross for the Clippers. Now, the Pistons have to deal with Griffin's durability issues and high price.

The Clippers, meanwhile, get to rebuild. Bradley will help do that, as his $13 million contract will come off the books this upcoming offseason. Tobias Harris is paid a lot, but he's averaged 18 and five this season. Boban Marjanovic is a big man with upside. The picks are nice, but they're protected. Still, the Clippers will be able to rebuild well, while the Pistons are likely going to be frustrated with Griffin.

Grade for Pistons - C+
                                Grade for Clippers - B

Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/nbatra...#ixzz55h00tUbw

Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/nbatra...lzsfRo5sUxX.99

Comment

Working...
                                X