No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat, have you tried the Chrome browser? I am not having any issues with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
      Ddooggone it...There is somethin wrong with my settings....Whenever I try to paste an emoticon...I get the above.....just a blue link....And If i try quoting someone...I get come gobbelly gook frames in the preview....I don't see the actual quote until I post....Any ideas on how to rectify this.
      Internet explorer? If yes, find the Tools for it and click on compatibility settings. Follow the leads.

If that doesnt work....some real tech will help in short order.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I'm on opera now....Gonz, my internet explorer hasn't worked properly since i downloaded ie 11...Can't view a thing...keeps saying i need adobe flash,,but i can't get it to download anywhere...Bim, I haven't really liked the experience with Chrome but perhaps I should try it again and learn to be more patient.

Comment

• CGVT....Spanish Fort?????Sounds like a place with a lot of history...is it a quaint setting.

Comment

• Opened internet explorer and there are no issues on the forum....but as I mentioned viewing at many sites requires flash...and for some reason I can't download it on ie

Comment

• Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Both are free and in almost every conceivable way vastly superior to I.E. and Opera. If either of those have issues on a fresh install you have problems beyond your web browser.

If neither of those browsers fix your issues feel free to post your computer specs and operating system version and maybe we can figure it out. (Also running malwarebytes, which is free, is recommended)

P.s.s. If none of that works running hijackthis(free) and posting the log here may also be useful.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

CGVT....Spanish Fort?????Sounds like a place with a lot of history...is it a quaint setting.
                Not really quaint. It is 15 minutes from downtown Mobile and is basically a bedroom community.

There is quite a bit of history. The site of the last battle of the Civil War, Fort Blakely, is about two miles up the road from my house.

The city of Spanish Fort is rich in history dating as far back as 1712 with the founding of Mobile by Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville of France. Spanish Fort was originally the site of a trading post established by French-occupied Mobile. Following the French and Indian War, a large area on the Gulf Coast including the trading post was ceded to the British in 1763. During the Revolutionary War after the Spanish took Mobile and surrounding areas in the Battle of Fort Charlotte, a presidio or military fort was built on the site of the old trading post. This "Spanish Fort" was the site of a counterattack by British forces dispatched from Pensacola in 1781. The British were driven back and unsuccessful in recapturing the area. Following the War of 1812, Spanish Fort, as it was now commonly referred to, was officially property of the United States.

During the American Civil War, Spanish Fort was heavily fortified as an eastern defense to the city of Mobile. Fort Huger, Fort (Battery) Tracey, Fort (Battery) McDermott, Fort Alexis, Red Fort, and Old Spanish Fort were all part of the Mobile defenses in what is now Spanish Fort. After the Union victory in the Battle of Mobile Bay, Mobile nevertheless remained in Confederate hands. Union forces embarked on a land campaign in early 1865 to take Mobile from the east. Spanish Fort was the site of the Battle of Spanish Fort in the Mobile Campaign of the war. Its fall allowed Union forces to concentrate on Fort Blakeley to the north, and hence destroy the last organized resistance to Northern occupation east of the Mississippi River. The falls of Spanish Fort and Fort Blakeley permitted Union troops to subsequently enter Mobile unopposed after the conclusion of the Civil War.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I'm on opera now....Gonz, my internet explorer hasn't worked properly since i downloaded ie 11...Can't view a thing...keeps saying i need adobe flash,,but i can't get it to download anywhere...Bim, I haven't really liked the experience with Chrome but perhaps I should try it again and learn to be more patient.
                  I.E. 11 has a lot of websites struggling for compatibility (at least from a business standpoint at my work).

I'm not a computer guy so I would suggest you let the qualified folks guide you through this.

It looks like they are lining up to assist.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I have been using firefox for years and love it!
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• :twisted: mwah mmwaha mwahahahahaaa

EDIT: dammit, never mind. It was post 667.
                      Last edited by Trickalicious; December 19, 2013, 03:55 PM.
                      Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Yes perhaps I will return to firefox....I used it for sometime and really have no idea why i stopped.....Oh wait....new computer,

CGVT thanks for that insightful tour of your diggs...a home for good perhaps?

Comment

• Put firefox back on, all is calm, all is bright.....

Bim I think I'll also give chrome a spin

Comment

CGVT thanks for that insightful tour of your diggs...a home for good perhaps?
                            We plan on staying here for a while, at least long enough to get the two oldest kids through high school. By then the youngest will be in high school. We moved 12 times in the 30 years I was in the Coast Guard and are no hurry to pack up and move anytime soon. From all of our moves we have learned that there are worse places in the country to raise your kids and I like the pace of life, the weather, and the relatively low cost of living.

Of course, every now and then something happens to make me shake my head and say "Holy shit. I live in fucking Alabama?" Ha!
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Don't worry, CG. I'm sure sometimes they shake their heads and wonder why you're living there too. :D
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                                Don't worry, CG. I'm sure sometimes they shake their heads and wonder why you're living there too. :D
                                Ha! I had the same reaction when I move to Western Michigan from the Detroit area after I graduated from high school. It was an occasional thought of "WTF and I doing here?".

Comment

Working...
                                X