Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
    "What age was the infant, DanO? Old enough to know what was happening? That is horrific."
    --------------------------------------I don't know but the word "infant" suggests something under one.
    The school primary one and twos here in Scotland, that's 5 and 6 year olds, are labelled the infants section. I was thinking she jumped off a brIdge clutching a 5 year old or something.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• looking for info on that I got this bizarre site

share your suicide story with others
      Reminder -- don't post hateful things here.
      Do not post for suicide partners or discuss specific suicide methods
      either. They will be removed.

Man survives jump from Mackinac Bridge

June 20th, 2013 by Smiley The article is below but this is my plan. It says he may have not been completely submerged and was floating face up when they found him, an hour later. I was planning to jump backwards and figured I would just drown if I didn’t die on impact but now maybe I’ll go bellyfirst. I really don’t want to survive this.
      —————————————————————————————————————————————————— ——————
      MACKINAC CITY (WWJ) – While the who’s who of Michigan politics were hobnobbing on Mackinac Island Wednesday, the Coast Guard was busy making a dramatic rescue.
      A man remained hospitalized on Thursday after a jump off the Mackinac Bridge.
      Lt. Rob Scott said the Coast Guard told WWJ Newsradio the 911 call came in at around 6 a.m.
      “A driver that was crossing the Mackinac Bridge witnessed a parked vehicle and somebody that had just jumped off of the bridge,” said Scott.
      Scott said fog was a problem for the Coast Guard crew, who took about an hour to reach the scene. When they arrived, they found the man floating face up in the water.
      Is Scott surprised the jumper survived?
      “Well, 75 feet is not a huge distance to fall … The water temperature, of course, is cold,” said Scott. “But depending on his health when he entered [the water] … He was floating, so he may not have been completely submerged.”
      Scott said the man was lucid and responsive when the rescue crew arrived, even though he had been in the chilly water for an hour.
      It’s unclear why the man jumped. His condition was unknown Thursday afternoon.
      His name was not released.
      The rescue took place as the state’s business and political leaders were arriving by the hundreds on nearby Mackinac Island for the Detroit Regional Chamber’s Mackinac Policy Conference.
      [!] Report this post

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 20th, 2013 at 11:38 am and is filed under General. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

8 Responses to “Man survives jump from Mackinac Bridge”

Most recent comments shown, ordered chronologically on the page.

1. RenoBill 1:53 pm on June 20th, 2013

So don’t try to commit suicide from such a small bridge!

2. Smiley 2:04 pm on June 20th, 2013

I’m going to look into the ambassador. It’s a little longer of a drive but not much. I don’t know as much about it but I think it is higher. I’m just not sure if I’ll be able to scale the barriers on the sides. My first choice is the golden gate if I had money to get there.
        Although, I think I may have to go through customs for the ambassador bridge. That might be a problem.

3. flatus 3:29 pm on June 20th, 2013

Clearance at the center of the Mackinac is supposed-to be 155 feet. Poor guy 75 feet probably looked high enough from his ledge, but of course that’s only 4 or 5 stories.
        Now he probably busted a few things damn he’ll need to get back out to the center in his wheelchair and somehow wriggle over/through the railing. Fifty years from now they’ll have a 1-800 number to come pick people up for euthanasia I feel bad for that Focker.
        He thought he had his troubles licked now he’s got to recuperate get discharged and start over sneakin’ around like the rest of us.

4. Smiley 5:28 pm on June 20th, 2013

I’m still leaning towards this bridge even though this guy was unlucky. Obviously I’m going to make sure I’m at the highest point. I’ve watched some videos on youtube so even though I’ve never been there I feel like I have. So it should be fairly easy to accomplish during the night.

5. flatus 5:40 pm on June 20th, 2013

Hell yeah Mackinac’s a good bridge. For $4 you could do a lot worse. There’s even a Labor Day “bridge walk” if one ain’t got the toll.

6. Smiley 5:44 pm on June 20th, 2013

Now that would be something… I think I’ll spare those innocent people that. lmfao

7. flatus 5:50 pm on June 20th, 2013

The jumpers usually lag behind in an ad-hoc group of stragglers. The mayor steps off the far side if the bridge, honks a horn that begins a laser light show and fireworks. It’s an unspoken tradition for the jumpers to gallop over the side at the center while press and everyone else tastefully looks the other way. They’re sneaky.

• Smiley 12:18 am on June 21st, 2013

I think we would be friends. BTW, are you from the area?
          The article is below but this is my plan. It says he may have not been completely submerged and was floating face up when they found him, an hour later. I was planning to jump backwards and figured I would just drown if I didn’t die on impact but now maybe I’ll go bellyfirst. I really don’t want to survive this. ———————————————————————————————————————————————————————— MACKINAC CITY (WWJ) – While the who’s who of Michigan politics were hobnobbing on Mackinac Island Wednesday, the Coast Guard was busy making a dramatic rescue. A man remained hospitalized on Thursday after a jump off the Mackinac Bridge. Lt. Rob [...]

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• BTW, if you have an issue with bridges, let me know what you think of this.

[ame]http://youtu.be/72rN5zO2T7A[/ame]
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• A few pics from our day at Wembley. This was the best atmosphere at a game yet. Normally it's a lot of neutrals, but this year it seemed to be that most chose either the Vikings of Steelers. (It's not hard to not like the Steelers I guess). So it was pretty loud.

My son said he wanted the Vikings to win, I did point out that he shouldn't really want a divisional rival to win, but he didn't care!

He really enjoyed it and has now made me promise to buy him a Lions New Era cap of his own (although he wants one of those ones with a flat peak Ugh.). He even asked if there were any junior teams near us! (Unfortunately not).

First is the view from the pub before the game, seems to get busier every ear, even though the crowds size is the same!
          Second is Jesper holding a my pint for a picture he wanted me to send his mum.
          Third is Jesper in his seat with my cap on
          Fourth is the view from our seat, AP ran towards us for his big TD run.
          Attached Files
          AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Brilliant!

Comment

• Nice!
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That place is massive! How many people can fit in that stadium?
                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
                  That place is massive! How many people can fit in that stadium?
                  There were about 83,000 there. It holds a little bit more normally, but they cover the lower sideline rows as they would be too low with the teams stood on the sideline.
                  View from up high is not too good though, I'd only go up there if I couldn't get tickets in the lower section.
                  The place is winning me over a little bit now, They have bigger higher definition screens now and a strip around the whole stadium between tiers. (I found myself spending a lot of time looking at it waiting for the Lions game score to scroll through!). Still should have built it with a fully closing roof though.
                  AAL Quintez Cephus
                  If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Great pics, Dean!

.........anyone hear anything from Cat lately?
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• No, Malto and that's disconcerting.

Nice pics Dean.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Your son is a cutie, Dean. Glad you both enjoyed!!

Mark, I had been thinking of Bill myself. Hoping he's just busy traveling or enjoying his family...
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Same here.

Comment

• Those are great pics, Dean! Must have been wild time.

Hmmm, that is troubling about, Bill. I hope he's ok.
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Great pictures dean, looks like a fun time.
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Great pictures, Dean. Loved to have been there.

Dean, I follow Ipswich Town FC and was speaking with a bloke from Oxford yesterday about a certain game from the 80's. Ipswich v Oxford......, Town were 3-0 up @ HT but Oxford came back and won 4-3 with the great John Aldridge getting a hat trick. Were you in attendance at this game by any chance? The conversation came about after Ipswich being 4-1 up at Derby on Tuesday, only to blow it and draw the game 4-4.

WHERE ARE YOU, CAT?????
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X