Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Who Got Half Marathon Finisher's Medal Dies

Boogie bandited Indiana half in 2:15 earlier this month.

By Scott Douglas

Published October 17, 2013

Boogie, the chocolate lab who jumped in a half marathon earlier this month and subsequently received a finisher's medal, died on Tuesday.
    Boogie became an Internet sensation after running almost all of the Evansville Half Marathon on October 5. He reportedly got free of his leash the night before, and joined the half marathon the next morning just after the start. Boogie ran the rest of the route, finishing in 2:15. He was then taken to animal control and reunited with his owner. Two days after the race, he was given a finisher's medal.
    Boogie's owners posted on Facebook on Wednesday that Boogie had died of a heart attack on Tuesday.
    Runner's World Newswire has been unable to contact the owners. A veterinary technician at Cape Veterinary Clinic in South Portland, Maine told Newswire that, without knowing the dog's medical history, it's not possible to say whether running the half marathon on October 5 contributed to the heart attack on October 15.
    Boogie was 10 years old and was reported to weigh 100 pounds. In some news accounts, he's identified as Boogie Butts; his owner's last name is Butts.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That sucks.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        That sucks.
        Big time.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• This is incredibly cute (must have sound on):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cILZ_cB3_so"]Teddy Bear the Porcupine's Halloween Feast - YouTube[/ame]
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• That is cute but I'm not sure if the sound isn't dubbed over. Never heard a porcupine before and I didn't know they could be a pet.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Porcupines can make crazy noises. I've slept it a cabin where they were chowing on the salted treated wood and you wouldn't believe the sounds they make. Like not of this earth. It wasn't a good night sleep.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• You're really a downer lately. That person has posted numerous videos of their porcupine.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• "Teddy Bear" the Porcupine, Dallas, Texas. 61,183 likes · 15 talking about this. Welcome to "Teddy Bear" the porcupine's official page! Teddy is a YouTube sensation www.youtube.com/

Biography
                  I was orphaned right after I was born and was found in a barn in West Texas. The nice rancher took care of me for a few days before I was taken to Zooniversity in Dallas. Allison, the owner there, became my Mommy and loved me lots. I used to make cute little squeeky noises so she'd pick me up. Now I'm all grown up and I'm a teacher -- I go to schools and libraries and stuff and people learn all about porcupines by meeting me. I like the applause...and the sweet potato treats she feeds me while I work.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    You're really a downer lately. That person has posted numerous videos of their porcupine.
                    Me? Ah didn't even notice. I'm just saying those porcupines noises can make a young kids imagination go wild because it's hard to believe it's just porcupines because of how strange the sound are. It's adorable in this case.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• No not you. The guy wondering if it's fake.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Oh yeah - well again the noises are pretty wild so I don't blame him

Comment

• I also had no idea they made noises like that. It took me by surprise and made me laugh. Very cute!!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Sadly this giant porcupine (look at its massive.....talons?..... eating those normal sized pumpkins) is very real. Porcupines are so smug because they know of their plot to needle us in our sleep. That's what all the "precious" noises are; they are talking with their forked baby porcupine tongues about how they will soon take the place of humans. Why else would they all comb their hair like an army of snarling Don King impersonators? Look at that thing, it can't even eat without spilling food all over the place.
                            Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• The family dog I grew up with as a kid, an Airedale, died from a porcupine quill tip eventually finding it's way to her brain. How's that for a downer post? Professional grade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                                That is cute but I'm not sure if the sound isn't dubbed over. Never heard a porcupine before and I didn't know they could be a pet.
                                Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                You're really a downer lately. That person has posted numerous videos of their porcupine.
                                No not you. The guy wondering if it's fake.
                                Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Oh yeah - well again the noises are pretty wild so I don't blame him
                                I also had no idea they made noises like that. It took me by surprise and made me laugh. Very cute!!
                                OK, first off I said I'm not sure. This seemed like a reasonable expression of possible doubt since I didn't know what one sounds like. I didn't do the CG or others version of "FAKE!" or some other rude expression.

Neither you nor Brook knew what they sounded like either. I agree the noises are cute. . In fact, they are so cute I thought they were almost too cute. It's not anything personal against you.

I didn't research the porcupine. I don't google everything. If my skepticism that something on youtube might be dramatized or overdubbed (especially considering the sterling record of honesty on youtube) is a downer for you that's going to have to be on you.

I still liked the video and thank you for posting it

Comment

Working...
                                X