No announcement yet.

New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I just realized that I take my central heat and air for granted. The cultural differences are very interesting. Thanks LFIJ.

Comment

• It's fun for me to talk about too, Bim. Happy to oblige.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Shocking truth about Froot Loops
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Sorry my man, only one of us is allowed.

Comment

• sorry about that, anyway slf, I would love to let you have it by yourself ha ha

Comment

• Hi guys! I am brand new to the forum and cannot wait to get going! I am from Grand Rapids here in the good ole mitten (go beer city!!) I have been a Lions fan my whole life. At an early age (go 90's!) I watched my team with my dad, and I always remember how a preseasons hope can turn into a nightmare by usually the third game. My dad always would call the nfl draft the Lions Super Bowl. Well, I took that to a different level. Basically, I'm just saying I am a huge draftnik since I can remember. Each year, I take off the whole draft weekend to watch every second! I look forward to interacting with all of you guys!!

Comment

• Welcome Jbombul, I first read your post and thought you were in your 90's, but then you would be old enough to see the Lions when they were winning championships.

As far as the draft goes, be sure to PM CGVT your thoughts as soon as you can. He's our resident draft expert. He's actually good friends with Mel Kiper Jr. in real life!

Comment

• Re: New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Welcome, i have a few friends in your neck of the woods.

Sent from my DROIDX

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                    Welcome Jbombul, I first read your post and thought you were in your 90's, but then you would be old enough to see the Lions when they were winning championships.

As far as the draft goes, be sure to PM CGVT your thoughts as soon as you can. He's our resident draft expert. He's actually good friends with Mel Kiper Jr. in real life!
                    Please do not do this.

LFIJ - shame on you.

lol
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ok, ok. Maybe the Mel Kiper Jr. part was going too far...sorry.

Comment

• LOL! LFIJ.

Welcome Jbomb and bigstorm.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Welcome Jbombul.

"As far as the draft goes, be sure to PM CGVT your thoughts as soon as you can. He's our resident draft expert. He's actually good friends with Mel Kiper Jr. in real life!"
                          -------------------------------HA!!!
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                            hilarious
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hello and Graduate school request!

My father in law is a long time lions fan being raised in detroit so I know that this team has a long and interesting history.

I am a graphic designer and teacher that is working on my Master of Fine Arts online with Savannah College of Art and Design. I am in a class where we are learning about typography and mark making. For my main project we must do a type analysis of anything of our choosing. Well obviously the long history of the Lions and the NFL has me jumping at the opportunity to use them for my project. But I need help on this so here is my request, I am looking for high res photos of OFFICIAL signage, pennants, and/or gameday programs of the name Lions or Detroit Lions from as far back as possible to today. I want to break my analysis down by decade. Specifically on the name not so much the logo. I am collecting this into a book talking about the time periods that changes were made and possible reasons behind those changes but it will not be made for sale, this is purely a school project and I would be happy to send you my file when I am done if you are interested. You would get credit in the project for providing pictures. This project is due in 8 weeks so I have to get started on it ASAP. I have contacted the PR dept but just want to cover every base I have access to at this point.

I am also going to be contacting the Giants, Bears and Redskins because all have longevity and history and will round out the book nicely with rivalries as well. I would really appreciate any and all help. I can give you my school email or number if you like but think this could be a really cool project when I am done.

Thank you
                              timcox20 (at) student.scad.edu

Comment

• Well, rollerpimp, I just want you to know I spent the last 40 minutes writing an in-depth reply regarding your post, but it didn't save when I tried to post it. Unfortunately, I've been drinking heavily all night at my in-laws, so you're stuck with this post instead.

Now you have the smallest of inklings of how your father-in-law feels annually when the Lions disappoint him after an off-season of empty promises.

Comment

Working...
                                X