Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who went here?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIT5q_OsPFs"]Fire Lake - BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Fire Lake...Located just 12 hours outta Mackinac City...:-D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEBwq4A1wsU"]Bob Seger Roll Me Away Live - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by Dr. Emmett.L.Brown; May 3, 2014, 11:31 PM.
      "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• boring bob
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• **sigh**
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I first saw Segar play at my High School while I was still in Jr. High. 9th graders (considered freshman but being educated in a different building) were allowed to HS sock hops and Segar was the main event. Most sock hops cost us $.10 for entrance but his was $.25.

I enjoyed it so much, when I learned he was going to give a benefit concert for anyone who solicited over $100.00 in donations for St. Jude Childrens Research center I quickly signed up and got to collecting. It took me about a month going from door to door in my subdivision and collected over $350.00 (the most of anyone in our district) a dime and a quarter at a time. The real big spenders would give a buck but, there were not too many of those.

He played COBO and it was outstanding.

I have since seen him three other times (paying much more for tickets) and always liked him but was delighted when I learned we share a birthday.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              **sigh**
              Bob is a lot easier to like when you don't hear him so so so often. You probably don't get that so much down on the bayou.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• a different random thought....

Adrien Broner: "I Just Beat The Fuck Out Of A Mexican"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                  Bob is a lot easier to like when you don't hear him so so so often. You probably don't get that so much down on the bayou.
                  EXACTLY. I never had much of an opinion of him one way or the other. Then I lived in the Detroit area for 15 months. You couldn't turn on a radio without hearing him. Within about 6 months I wanted to punch someone every time I heard his voice.

I hate that radio tries so hard to ruin music.
                  "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• I probably hadn't heard a Bob Segar song in 6 months prior to that post.

On the same note, the local radio station that I listen to here prides itself on being independent. It used to play a pretty eclectic mix, with a lot of local flavor, some New Orleans influenced sounds etc ect. They try to make it look as if they are not beholden to anyone but the bastards have a pretty standard play list and have become a very run of the mill mainstream station. They have "New" music show every night from 8-10 that plays the same shit every night. Turns out if you listen to their disclaimer, they are getting promotional consideration from record companies to play the shit. Isn't that a lot like the payola scandal?
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                      EXACTLY. I never had much of an opinion of him one way or the other. Then I lived in the Detroit area for 15 months. You couldn't turn on a radio without hearing him. Within about 6 months I wanted to punch someone every time I heard his voice.

I hate that radio tries so hard to ruin music.
                      Interesting.

I no longer listen to music stations because their programming is so pre-concieved and repetitive.

My kids can relate to a life's experience whenever a Segar song is played because when they were young, I used his music to inspire them and .......on surprise weekend getaways, get the hell out of bed early.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Re: Random Thoughts

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        boring bob
                        Triple BS, Bland Boring Bob Steger!
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• The problem with Seger on Michigan radio is that they play the three same fucking songs over and over..Old Time Rock n Roll, Night Moves & Turn the Page....they do the same thing with Led Zep,AC/DC,Floyd,Stones and so on..which is why I don't listen to local radio anymore.
                          It was nice to see posts of Segers' other material.. that's why I listen to XM in the car and Pandora at home...deeper album tracks/variety
                          "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Segar is good at what he does. It is nothing more than blues derived, guitar driven, good time rock and roll. Boring? I guess so, and you wouldn't want a steady diet, but it has it's place. There is not much to it, but that is what it is. You could say the same thing for a lot of 60s and 70s rock.
                            Last edited by CGVT; May 4, 2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              I probably hadn't heard a Bob Segar song in 6 months prior to that post.

On the same note, the local radio station that I listen to here prides itself on being independent. It used to play a pretty eclectic mix, with a lot of local flavor, some New Orleans influenced sounds etc ect. They try to make it look as if they are not beholden to anyone but the bastards have a pretty standard play list and have become a very run of the mill mainstream station. They have "New" music show every night from 8-10 that plays the same shit every night. Turns out if you listen to their disclaimer, they are getting promotional consideration from record companies to play the shit. Isn't that a lot like the payola scandal?
                              I also listen to an independent radio station around here, and they odd a pretty good job of keeping it varies. But they also tend to get in some ruts. It's weird. That's great that you are pulling out some "deep cut" but if you play said track over and over, it no longer feels like a deep cut, capische??
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                                I also listen to an independent radio station around here, and they odd a pretty good job of keeping it varies. But they also tend to get in some ruts. It's weird. That's great that you are pulling out some "deep cut" but if you play said track over and over, it no longer feels like a deep cut, capische??
                                Yep, and when you hear three different disc jockeys tell the same story about it you know there is somebody other than the DJs calling the shots as to what to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X