Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    It really doesn't matter.

The Wings don't need a #7 D-man... they need a #2 D-man.
    True that..
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well I think our shot at the cup (we're still a pretty safe bet for the playoffs) hinges entirely on exactly how big of a step forward Smith takes this year. He replaces Lidstrom as the PP QB from day one and Quincey, I feel, will do a fantastic job replacing Stuart once he is given a chance to start with the team in training camp and learn every bit of the system.

Kronwall -White
      Smith - Quincey
      Ericsson - Kindl

is not a terrible D-corps...but they do need a #7 D-man, and I think Rozsival on a 1 yr deal is the perfect fit. It's a hit or miss with how he has been hit by injuries the last 3 years but if he stays healthy he would bring just what is needed for the current group going forward.
      2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Abby resigned and Carlo Colaiacovo was signed 2 yrs 5 mil.

The thing about CC that I don't understand is why the media keeps calling him a "offensive dman". He only scored 19 points last year! That's not offensive minded. I like us upgrading the D but I don't know why we didn't wait to see what happens with CBA. If the cap goes down we could've had our eye on much better players.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Colaiacovo is a good puck handler and is good at jumping in the o zone for a defensemen. Don't know what the numbers are, but hes injury prone, misses a lot of games.

Comment

• Lock out!
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• It's REALLY hard to take ownership's claims of poverty seriously months after they were chucking around $100 million contracts like Pacman Jones dropping dollar bills at a strip club.
              Last edited by chemiclord; September 16, 2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• 4th lockout in 20 years...there is something seriously wrong here.

Bettman's third lockout of his career, does anyone know any other commissioners (other sports included) that locked out the players that many times and still kept his job?
                2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
                  4th lockout in 20 years...there is something seriously wrong here.

Bettman's third lockout of his career, does anyone know any other commissioners (other sports included) that locked out the players that many times and still kept his job?
                  Part of it is that hockey simply isn't particularly viable the way Bettman wants it to be. There's really not enough of a talent pool to support 30 some odd teams, and not enough interest where he wants teams to be. Phoenix is a very rare exception of a team south of the Ohio River latitude that's somewhat embraced hockey... and there's not enough money for Bettman's tastes in the cities that are. The NHL returned to Winnepeg more because there wasn't anyone else that would take a franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    It's REALLY hard to take ownership's claims of poverty seriously months after they were chucking around $100 million contracts like Pacman Jones dropping dollar bills at a strip club.
                    Contracts are not guaranteed. The second a high priced player gets injured, they either are forced to re-do or are cut.

Most of them will not see the full contract, anyway.

Half of the franchises are not covering their bills and thanks to Buttman, TV revenues continue to be stagnate because you can't find the game.

Hockey really is a regional sport. People who live in the sun belt can not identify with the skills it takes to play the game. Most new fans are attracted for the fighting but, Buttman, has put a strangle hold on that, also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Contracts are not guaranteed. The second a high priced player gets injured, they either are forced to re-do or are cut.

Most of them will not see the full contract, anyway.
                      WRONG. The contracts are guaranteed unless they buyout the player at 2/3 of his contract.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• N
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                          WRONG. The contracts are guaranteed unless they buyout the player at 2/3 of his contract.
                          Hmmmmmmm.

That is news to me.

Comment

• snipped:

The NHL has become the first of the major North American leagues to implement a hard cap while retaining [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_or_play_contract[/ame]. Guaranteed player contracts in the NHL differ from other sports, notably the NFL, where teams may opt out of a contract by waiving or cutting a player. NHL teams may buy-out player's contracts, but must still pay a portion of the money still owed which is spread out over twice the remaining duration of the contract. Any player can be bought out for one-third of the remaining salary if younger than 26 at the time of termination, or two-thirds if 26 or older, over twice the length of the remainder of their contract
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Wings announcer Lynch dies at 95

Updated Oct 9, 2012 1:19 PM ET

DETROIT (AP)

The Detroit Red Wings say the team's longtime public address announcer Budd Lynch has died. He was 95.
                              Red Wings spokesman John Hahn says Lynch died Tuesday morning in Michigan. Hahn says the team plans to release additional information later in the day.
                              Lynch served with the Essex Scottish Regiment during World War II and lost an arm in a rocket attack. He later joined the Wings as a broadcaster.
                              Lynch was public address announcer at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit for more than 25 years.

Find live NHL scores, NHL player & team news, NHL videos, rumors, stats, standings, team schedules & fantasy games on FOX Sports.

Comment

• RIP, Budd.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X