Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not really important, but everyone seems to heap praise on Harbaugh for 'outcoaching' Pete Carroll in 2007 when he beat USC in their first meeting.

That same year Harbaugh got 'outcoached' by Charlie Weis, Mike Riley, Karl Dorrell, Dennis Erickson, Bill Doba, and Ty Willingham

Comment

• More bad news for Meyer and OSue, now rape?!?

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• salvation army .. salvation army .. salvation army ...salvation army ...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It turns out that the dance competition was no longer in Downtown Columbus. It was always held at the Veterans Memorial. So it got moved to the Ohio Expo Center, it was OK, but not the same.

Comment

• "...the Salvation Army Band played...and the children drank lemonade..."
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You were just accusing Entropy of being a word Linesman doesn't want used around here. Now you go quoting a song like that? Maybe you're like that North Dakotan politician on Grindr...

Comment

• I'm always happy.. that's what he meant, right???
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Nah, it probably means you are pedestrian gay but certainly not the flamboyant gayness of Hack.

I break the yolks and make a smiley face
                  I kinda like it in my brand new place

For example, Hack"s Kentucky Derby hat, "Run from the Roses"!

Last edited by Prime2; May 4, 2015, 05:46 PM.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Brendan Ferns will not attend OSU. OSU has a billion majors, but not petroleum engineering. Apparently Ferns is dead set on that program, so it's WV or Penn State for him. Have to respect the decision.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I would respect you...iffen you were dead...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ben Ferns is a fracking great guy, then. Good on him I say.

Comment

• what ohio needs is more fracking
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The link below is a great read. It demonstrates how absolutely irrelevant Michigan football has become over the last decade and the huge task in front of Harbaugh.

The reality of the Big Ten's programs during the time that M was deep in the forest was that they got better, some a lot better. Minnesota comes to mind as does PSU. There is no question that MSU got better and osu has always been better though M has historically had some good runs to compete.

But as talent pointed out in the CFB thread, this isn't 1969. CFB is a lot different with the haves separating themselves from the have-nots with alarming alacrity. The last decade has done M no good in that regard and, much like ND before Kelley (maybe exactly like the domers), M is on the precipice of obscurity on the CFB scene and the ONLY thing that will give it some cred going forward is its history.

What's interesting about this piece is that while The Game still carries some interest in the eyes of osu literati, it's a minor bump in the road that has to be negotiated enroute to Indianpolis, a repeat CFP win and NC.

Clearly, this writer thinks the 2015 MSU game, in c-bus, is a more important game. That he thinks this rather bluntly puts M football, in the current era, as an also ran in the B10 and nationally.

HARBAUGH!! should be absolutely furious about this and do something about it. It is that kind of mojo that I'm counting on, talent, to elevate the play of this team beyond what it should be. He can do this and despite your negativity, which is based on a rational amount of evidence, I'm holding to the position that it can be done.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 6, 2015, 03:05 PM.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• He's sadly right that it is a bigger game than Michigan this year but I expect OSU will beat MSU handily.

Comment

• Michigan certainly has to earn its way back.

Comment

Working...
                                X