Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutgers @ Michigan, 10/28/17, Noon, Eastern, BTN/Stream BTN2Go

Moving on .........
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

No time to wallow in the mire

Comment

Shouldn't happen ...... but then again, the team's goals set at the beginning of the season are out of reach. That has to make players wonder why they should work so hard during the week. Coaches can only do so much. In these circumstances you like to count on senior leadership. There really isn't any.

The one starting senior on the defense, Mike McCray just got worked so badly one would think he's not going to be too effective in the leadership role he needs to take in getting team mates focused for the next game. Then we have seniors Cole and Kugler on the OL who took part in allowing 7 sacks on a terribly beleaguered and because of that an under-performing QB in John O'Korn.

Not saying the players won't rebound but the losses to MSU and now PSU were bad losses. Those are the kinds of losses that dim optimism for sure.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 22, 2017, 12:48 PM.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

It's got to be hard to keep working your ass off every week for a clown coaching staff that can't develop players on offense and is more interested in taking exotic road trips to Italy than getting to Indianapolis.

At any rate, take the points in this one. The team sucks and has no hope of getting better.

Check in in 10 years when we finally have one year where the stars all magically align and we maybe have a chance at finishing second in the Big 10.

Comment

M 9 Ruts 3
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

You think we're that good?!

Comment

Even UNL beat Ruts...good fucking Lord.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

M 45, Rutgers 0.
                I’ll be surprised if we don’t get to see a lot of backups (*caugh, Peters) in this scrimmage.
                Before someone says “well Rutgers beat Purdue, so...”, how bout you watch the damn game. Rutgers = poop marks in a trash can bad, which is a little better than 2016 Rutgers. Rutgers plays hard as a talentless team.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  M 45, Rutgers 0.
                  I?ll be surprised if we don?t get to see a lot of backups (*caugh, Peters) in this scrimmage.
                  Before someone says ?well Rutgers beat Purdue, so...?, how bout you watch the damn game. Rutgers = poop marks in a trash can bad, which is a little better than 2016 Rutgers. Rutgers plays hard as a talentless team.
                  The problem for M is going to be the sound of packs hitting the pavement.

The losses to MSU and PSU, a one two punch, had to be devastating to team morale. I'd expect M to play flat next weekend.

QB and OL problems aren't going away.

I thought the D got exposed the way Brown deploys it and now that's out there for OCs to see. Even a talentless offense executing well can beat it.

Not saying Rutgers is going to beat M but the chances they can make the game interesting just increased. I'll have to look at match-ups and you can bet Jerry Kill on offense and Chris Ash on defense will be doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Even a talentless offense executing well can beat it.]
                    Sheeeeit. You sure are a Debbie downer. This comment is just stupid.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

Well, I look at it this way. You get a slotty guy - a big talent or not - matched up with McCray and execute the quick slant you'll get some yards. Do that consistently and you'll score points.

Have Brown put Bush on a blitz and it gets picked up leaving Metellus in man coverage, I don't care who the receiver is, he's going to get enough separation for a well executed pass to connect.

I don't have a clue if Rutgers has the dudes to do that. What I do know is that M's defense has identifiable weaknesses whether or not fans want to admit it or not. They've been there all along. Passing teams have exploited it. Combine those weaknesses with less than focused players and teams that shouldn't can keep it close.

Comment

So --

What will be the excuse when our offense gets shut down by Rutgers? Hoke's fault for leaving us with less talent than them?
                        Last edited by Hannibal; October 22, 2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Metellus had a bad game, but he's been solid otherwise. Having McCray in coverage was very predicably an issue.

Comment

WM Wolverine -- what's the excuse for this upcoming Saturday when Rutgers shuts down our offense? Specifically, I want to know ahead of time why it is Hoke's fault.

Comment

Rutgers won't score. I have no clue how M's will fare.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                              X