No announcement yet.

Happy Lions Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got several but Eric Hipple's first career start sticks out to me. MNF vs Bears 1981. Lions won 48-17.

Hipple connected on 14-25 for 336 yards and 4 passing TD's. Plus he rushed for 2 more TD's.

Loved his toughness and I thought the Lions had their qb. Of course, after that he was mediocre. But that game had me really pumped and with Billy Sims I thought they finally had something. 35 years later and I am still waiting.

Comment

1982 strike shortened season...The shitty Browns and Lions both made the play-offs with 4-5 losing records. Lions lost to the eventual Super Bowl champ Redskins....Good ol days...lol

Comment

The beat down of Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving was a favorite. A kid down the street was a huge bandwagon fan and he was always talking up the Steelers even though he had no connection to the city. Of course he clammed up rather than eat any crow.
        Last edited by froot loops; January 8, 2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Watching #20 get 2,000 yards against Jets at the Silverdome. Sat way up in the third deck. Got hammered and enjoyed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
            I was at the Barry 2000 yard game in 1997 and that's probably my happiest lions moment as well.
            Originally posted by DanO View Post
            I was there as well Coop.
            Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
            Watching #20 get 2,000 yards against Jets at the Silverdome. Sat way up in the third deck. Got hammered and enjoyed the game.
            Watch we were all sitting in the same row.

That place was loud as shit. Prior to Reggie Brown going down I think it was the loudest i'd ever heard a stadium.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

It was loud except when Reggie went down then it was pretty quite.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

September 24, 2008
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                  September 24, 2008
                  July 17, 1983
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    The only one I can remember is when Elsa and her cubs recognise Joy and George after being returned to the wild
                    Yep that is my favorite too

Comment

10/1/2017

Lions Road Win
                      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Hopefully a happy Lions memory is created in February. My son messaged this morning saying Hibs ended the 114 year cup drought in 2016, Richmond Tigers take the AFL after 37 years in 2017, and now it's the Lions turn...., SuperBowl win in 2018.

I asked him if he remembered our chat about the dangers of taking drugs.
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                        X