No announcement yet.

Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just here to congratulate M on a top 6 season for the program.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      You are NOT the only program who was "properly" punished for cheating.
      Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Important reminder -- we gave back those hours at a 2:1 ratio. We are the only program in the past decade outside of maybe USC for whom the penalty for cheating was adequate.
      In the past 15 years or so, the NCAA has completely abdicated enforcement of amateurism, instead relying on an "honor" system that half of the country has absolutely no interest in following. The other half (e.g. Michigan, Nebraska, etc) stupidly puts themselves at a massive disadvantage by making good faith efforts to follow the rules. Thus, Michigan gets more punishment -- actual punishment -- for not counting 15 minutes a day of stretching towards the 20 hours per week practice limit than Oregon gets for bribing a scout to land a 5* recruit or Auburn for buying Cam Newton. Nebraska gets more punishment for giving their players optional class textbooks than Miami gets for a booster who gave players over $1 Million and had the paperwork to prove it.

Also -- LMAO at vacating victories as "punishment".
      Last edited by Hannibal; December 27, 2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Vacating victories is a huge punishment for teams who have history and tradition. We argued FOR a moderate amount of scholarship losses in place of vacating 20 wins or whatever in our book RENTAL punishment.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Vacating victories is a huge punishment for teams who have history and tradition.

Comment

• I don't know what that emoji means, other than I guess we're done. Have a nice day, sir or madam.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A history or tradition of cheating certainly. In which case those numbers are indeed important, because you don't have the real actual feelings of joy and accomplishment that come with winning clean. Some of you have/will never know what that's like.

Comment

• I have unbridled joy and feelings of accomplishment. Alabama runs a clean program. And has. As clean or cleaner than any major team.

Comment

• Other than the steroids. ;).

Did you know that the Nick was Tony Mandarich's mentor/recruiter and introduced him
                  To his wife? Just a coincidence I'm sure.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Going back almost 30 years to when Saban was an assistant? You guys are ....unique.

But yes, Saban got Mandarich on roids. Hell, he personally injected him. Then, he slept with Tony's wife on their wedding night by exercising his right of prima nocte.

Years later, as he left MSU, he turned and offered, "The trouble with MSU is that it's full of Michiganders."

Comment

• Nothing wrong with exercising his right of prima nocte. I would probably have done the same.

There's no forgiving his dissing of Michiganders, however. We're good people -- salt of the earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I'm just here to congratulate M on a top 6 season for the program.
                        Especially since they beat the #2 ranked team in their own stadium..

yeah, stay on topic...

dipshit...

Comment

• John Schneider was the real brains behind the DoH.

FSU has talent. This, to me, is easily the best of the NY6 bowls.
                          Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 27, 2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• 27-10. M easy. They cruise to 11 wins.

Comment

• If you're giving FSU and 16.5, I will go userpics with you.

Comment

• I'm not. I'll give FSU and current line, however.

Comment

Working...
                                X