Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanni tees off on the hanging curve!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      LOL at the "Million Dollar Band". Run of the mill at best.
      I posted that pic because it's close to football season. It illustrates the pageantry and rich tapestry that is CFB. I would no more engage in "Band Smack" than I would make fun of kids or kick puppies. You do you, Talent.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I like a pulling guard who levels a LB and a running back who launches a well-placed hand to the defender's face mask and bounces free for a few extra yards. I want to see cheerleaders and eat overpriced, messy stadium dogs. I want to see corner blitzes that result in an audible "pop" when the hunter reaches his target. I want to buy a program that I will flip through exactly once. I want to be in my seats one hour early so I can see warmups. I want to see old friends, retell already twice-told tales, and I want to talk to rival fans at the tailgate, show them kindness and courtesy, and offer them bourbon and food without them having to ask - and then send them home at the end of the night dejected and wondering aloud why they paid to witness their own bloodletting.

I want the season to start.
        Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 25, 2016, 11:27 AM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ....and I wanna see you cry like a little girl when the Trojans gut the Tide like a deer...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            ....and I wanna see you cry like a little girl when the Trojans gut the Tide like a deer...
            I won't cry, I know it's coming...

Comment

• Herbstreit picks Bama #1:

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                I won't cry, I know it's coming...
                ...and the sandbagging begins...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  ...and the sandbagging begins...

USC returns a ton. Tee Martin, the USC OC and former Vol, says Bama copied his offense and they know it well.

Bama on the other hand, lost a metric fuckton of talent after the NC this year.

USC 28, Bama 20.

Comment

• Bama is the "module" team.

Unplug the outdated one, plug in the updated one.

Bama 35 .. USC 3
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Things heating up in the Ole Miss investigation. Apparently, the NCAA has offered rival players and coaches around the SEC immunity if they give evidence or personal accounts of Ole Miss cheating in recruitment

I'm surprised by this because I thought they had enough evidence in hand to render a decision. Also, as much as I hate the Rebs, I hate the NCAA mire. Secret witnesses, many who actively sought handouts, are what we're doing now? Players and coaches on rival teams who have a vested interest in Ole Miss being hobbled? All on the heels of the issues at UNC, Miami, Tennessee and others who essentially skated?

Not a great precedent. I hate the NCAA. It needs to be shuttered and a common sense replacement found.

Comment

• I think the NCAA is a reflection of its members. You could change the organization but I think the same nonsense happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Things heating up in the Ole Miss investigation. Apparently, the NCAA has offered rival players and coaches around the SEC immunity if they give evidence or personal accounts of Ole Miss cheating in recruitment

I'm surprised by this because I thought they had enough evidence in hand to render a decision. Also, as much as I hate the Rebs, I hate the NCAA mire. Secret witnesses, many who actively sought handouts, are what we're doing now? Players and coaches on rival teams who have a vested interest in Ole Miss being hobbled? All on the heels of the issues at UNC, Miami, Tennessee and others who essentially skated?

Not a great precedent. I hate the NCAA. It needs to be shuttered and a common sense replacement found.
                          Does this mean that Auburn could describe all of their cheating in detail and nothing happens to them as long as they can show that Ole Miss was doing the same thing? Gus Malzahn: "We wanted Treadwell but Ole Miss outbid us for him". Yeah that doesn't sound like a very good precedent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            I assume that it's Hawaii that gave up a home game. In that event, I wonder who in Australia is putting up the money for this trip. I can't see them packing 60,000 people into a stadium at $100 a pop ala the Jerryworld game. Heck I'd be surprised if they got more people into the stadium than just a regular Hawaii home game.
                            I don't know Hanni - I was in Australia back in 2008 and they are nuts about their sports. I went to an Australian rules football game while there. Must have been at least a 80,000 person stadium absolutely packed for a regular season game. That was in Melbourne.

It will be interesting to see.

Also for Hawaii and maybe a lesser part California schools, this is a recruiting game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Does this mean that Auburn could describe all of their cheating in detail and nothing happens to them as long as they can show that Ole Miss was doing the same thing? Gus Malzahn: "We wanted Treadwell but Ole Miss outbid us for him". Yeah that doesn't sound like a very good precedent.
                              Apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tslisher View Post
                                I don't know Hanni - I was in Australia back in 2008 and they are nuts about their sports. I went to an Australian rules football game while there. Must have been at least a 80,000 person stadium absolutely packed for a regular season game. That was in Melbourne.

It will be interesting to see.

Also for Hawaii and maybe a lesser part California schools, this is a recruiting game.
                                I agree they love their sports but what about our sports? Could we pack Michigan Stadium for an Aussie Rules Football game? I guess we'll see. FWIW I really hope that it catches on and gets good ratings. The rest of the world needs our football (more than we need soccer -- fuck that). They've got no idea what they're missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X