MSU @ M, Game Day, In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
    Coach should have never sent out the punter to begin with. 10 seconds left, MSU has no timeouts and they avoided any and all possibilities of putting their FG kicker on the field the entire game.

Blame that on Harbaugh. You don't put the game in the hands of a punter. Whether he kicked it 2 yards or 60 yards didn't matter - MSU was going to get just 1 play - and they weren't in FG range anyway.
    Yeah, I was worried about the snap, but I worry about everything. Snap wasn't really that bad. Oneill just freaked out.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Disappointed, but I still am optimistic about the future. Nobody believed we had a chance in this game coming into the season. Yet, Harbaugh changed that even with a weak offense with holes all over that roster. Give him a few recruiting cycles.

Comment

• Every pleasant surprise for Michigan in the past 20+ years has been counterbalanced by an unpleasant surprise that is twice as large. I have been wondering for a couple of weeks what the horrible counterbalance to three shutouts would be. I now have my answer.

Comment

• I feel bad for the kid. It's a tough situation to be in, but again 999 of 1000 punters don't make the mistake he did. It's the most routine play in football.

Comment

• The guy who scored the TD got a dislocated hip on the play.

Comment

• Michigan State outgained Michigan 386-230. They gained 20 first downs to Michigan's 10. Michigan got one first down in the entire fourth quarter. Michigan's defense got handed a two-score lead in the fourth quarter, and immediately gave a score back. If it weren't for Michigan's special teams, I'm not sure Michigan's in the game in the fourth quarter. So I would hope nobody in Michigan's locker room is saying that loss is entirely O'Neill's fault, because it isn't.

What a weird game. If you'd told me Michigan would outrush Michigan State(which, strangely enough, they somehow did), hold Cook to less than 50% completions, and hold MSU to 3-13 on third down and 0-4 on 4th down, I would have thought Michigan would win impressively.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                Michigan State outgained Michigan 386-230. They gained 20 first downs to Michigan's 10. Michigan got one first down in the entire fourth quarter. Michigan's defense got handed a two-score lead in the fourth quarter, and immediately gave a score back. If it weren't for Michigan's special teams, I'm not sure Michigan's in the game in the fourth quarter. So I would hope nobody in Michigan's locker room is saying that loss is entirely O'Neill's fault, because it isn't.

What a weird game. If you'd told me Michigan would outrush Michigan State(which, strangely enough, they somehow did), hold Cook to less than 50% completions, and hold MSU to 3-13 on third down and 0-4 on 4th down, I would have thought Michigan would win impressively.
                Michigan was hanging on all day. That they nearly pulled it out despite bad calls and a horrible offense was amazing.

Comment

Michigan State outgained Michigan 386-230. They gained 20 first downs to Michigan's 10. Michigan got one first down in the entire fourth quarter. Michigan's defense got handed a two-score lead in the fourth quarter, and immediately gave a score back. If it weren't for Michigan's special teams, I'm not sure Michigan's in the game in the fourth quarter. So I would hope nobody in Michigan's locker room is saying that loss is entirely O'Neill's fault, because it
                  Yup. Oneil simply Charlie Browned away a game that our special teams stole first. We got outplayed and out coached by Sparty.

Again.

It's fucking sickening.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; October 17, 2015, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• That they nearly pulled it out despite bad calls and a horrible offense was amazing.
                    I wouldn't go that far. Michigan had a chance to close out an injury-riddled team they led nearly the entire game. Sometimes, you learn to win big games by stealing them somehow, and Michigan just blew the opportunity to take that big step forward. I think weaknesses on both sides of the ball got exposed today, and they got outfought by a Michigan State team that hadn't been that impressive.

This one hurts. It hurts because despite all the momentum Michigan had coming in to this game, they still cannot outplay a top ten team, and it hurts because despite getting outplayed, they lost by completely collapsing on a routine play.
                    Last edited by JRB; October 17, 2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• How many yards did Peppers have on returns? I've never seen a Dantonio team have such terrible special teams. No way MSU makes it into the playoffs with 1/3 of their game in such terrible shape.

Comment

• Out coached? Maybe. I couldn't believe we were winning. Hoke would have lost by 3 TDs. Dantonio's fake punt resulted in a Michigan TD.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far. Michigan had a chance to close out an injury-riddled team they led nearly the entire game. Sometimes, you learn to win big games by stealing them somehow, and Michigan just blew the opportunity to take that big step forward. I think weaknesses on both sides of the ball got exposed today, and they got outfought by a Michigan State team that hadn't been that impressive.
                          An injury riddled team who had no fucking business out gaining us by 150 yards.

Comment

• Cook wasn't injured.

Comment

• M was playing not to lose all game once they had the lead. They refused to throw on 1st down all game and M played the field position battle. It would've worked except for Sparty received the benefit of the doubt on every whistle and it took one of the most boneheaded plays by a punter we'll ever see in our lifetimes.

Comment

• It would have worked had Delano Hill not fallen asleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X