No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be fine with that personally. I sympathize with the Brandon-must-go view, but IMO the right coach papers that over just fine. Maybe Brandon will be humbled to the point where he'll give Harbaugh what he wants.

Comment

• Hack, I just don't understand where you have the idea that Harbaugh has even an iota of interest in giving up his 49ers job to coach Michigan.

I don't think there is any dollar amount that Michigan could throw at him to get him to come here. He seems happy as a NFL coach, and in addition, he also seems to be very happy living with his west coast wife on the west coast.

Or are you privy to some information that you'd care to share here?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• When I went to Purdue's Spring game a couple years ago, it was free.
        Only like 500 people attended it though lol
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• stories keep percolating out that Harbaugh is wearing out his welcome with the Niners

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Mary Sue Coleman isn't going to fire Brandon. She's leaving at the end of this school year In other words literally within days.

Comment

• Oh yeah! Fuck her. I hope in her retirement she enjoys my contribution to her Wall Street-eque bonus. Bitch.

Anyhow, linesman, I have nothing I'm holding back. I'm sure Harbaugh likes the West Coast, or maybe his wife does. But he's not exactly entrenched there, as seen. IMO Michigan is going to suffer and suffer to the point where they'll be willing to put up with how insufferable Harbaugh is, becuase he can come here and win big time. I hope that's sooner rather than later.

I don't see another solution for Michigan football. It will have to succeed in spite of itself, and Harbaugh is the only clear path to that kind of success that I see. Is Michigan the only clear path for Harbaugh? I don't know. I suspect you are more right than me. But this is still probably Michigan's best chance. Has to be pursued.

Comment

• And hence, why Brandon has to go. I think Brandon is a large part of the problem standing in the way of progress, so to speak. There was a post earlier this week on Mgoblog detailing his "successes", and my lord, it was awful. Completely inept.

If Brandon's ego hasn't been humbled by this point in life, I don't think it ever will. He seems to be perpetually impressed by his own genius. I think it is going to take continued football irrelevance before the stupid institutionalized Michigan man bs is finally cleaned out.

Comment

• I think that stuff is much bigger than Brandon. He wasn't here for the insane hiring and immediate hobbling of Rodriguez. The culture around the football program is just sick, and too many people have a hand in things. Look at how the basketball program thrives just fine -- Beilein is left alone to be awesome. The prospect of hiring a football coach paralyzed Martin, whereas when it was time to hire a basketball coach, he didn't have to hire a Michigan man or deal with politicized factions. He just took the parameters we all know Michigan will have, surveyed the landscape, and made a smart choice.

Comment

• Maybe the results of the last two hires will be humbling enough for people to leave politics and "Michigan man" out of the next hire. We can hope, right?

Comment

• Ok, that's a fair point. I agree that the sickness of the program goes beyond Brandon. He just makes it so much worse.

Yeah, I wonder Hannibal. At what point has there been enough humbling to cause introspection and a changed approach? It's been 10 years since they've won a Big Ten title. MSU now is a better program. The last 10 years against OSU has been awful. When's the last time they won a Rose Bowl? Their record over the last 6
                      years has been pretty mediocre. To me that would be enough. But I am not living in a Schembechler Hall bubble.

Comment

• You heard it here first: the next coach will be a woman or perhaps an animal. They tried a non-Michigan man and that didn't work. Now they have a Michigan man and that's not working either. So the next logical step is clearly not going to be a man of any kind.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone else posted this opinion but I think Michigan would go back to having a bigger turnover if the spring game went back to being a real scrimmage.

Meanwhile, Davey Brand-On will be filling the Big House with a few High School Proms this spring.

Comment

• But I am not living in a Schembechler Hall bubble.

I think this is a major problem. As stated, the problems go beyond Martin/Brandon. Looking retrospectively, I think there was a subtle effort among M's academics to de-ephasize M football. It started with President James Duderstadt and has continued with Bollinger and Coleman and will be perpetuated by this geek, Schiissel, who's MSC's replacement.

I'd offer Schembechler Hall below the level of and DB were operating the football program under LC and continue to operate it under Hoke as if Canham where still BMOC ...... the arrogance of faded power. Brandon is just a kiss ass with the Controlling Board membership. He has done nothing to advance the prestige of M football. If anything, and this is nothing everyone here does not understand, he has done untold damage.

Schembechler hall (the collective of everyone involved in the football program), likely thinks everything is just fine. Brandon (1) is too stupid to understand that his pizza is terrible and (2) if he had an inkling that it tasted like a piece of cardboard with some spaghetti sauce pored on it to it's consumers, he would tell members of the Controlling Boards who might be seeing cracks in the facade he is hiding behind, that sales of the pizza burgers he just introduced were sky-rocketing, everything is just fine. Wait and see.

This is exactly how Brandon nearly forced Dominoes into bankruptcy right before he was dumped by the Board of Directors. There is a pattern.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Matchups for the 2014 ACC-Big10 Challenge have been announced

Duke @ Wisconsin
                              Syracuse @ Michigan
                              Virginia @ Maryland
                              Pittsburgh @ Indiana
                              NC State @ Purdue
                              Georgia Tech @ Northwestern
                              Virginia Tech @ Penn State

Ohio State @ Louisville
                              Iowa @ UNC
                              Michigan St @ Notre Dame
                              Nebraska @ Florida State
                              Illinois @ Miami
                              Minnesota @ Wake Forest
                              Rutgers @ Clemson

Comment

• Thank you for getting this thread back on topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X