No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This article briefly mentions that there are "rumblings" that we are looking at Maryland and Georgia Tech as members. That seems rather far-fetched to me but causing a stir on some ACC boards

Comment

• Any further expansion (which is very unlikely imo) is going to be eastward (sorry Missouri) to get the population in the NYC, Philly (PSU), Baltimore, DC corridor...

Maryland seems a possibility but GT is quite a reach from almost every angle.

Comment

• Well about the only way that Georgia Tech makes sense, is if the B10 wants to somehow establish a footprint in SEC territory. GA Tech would probably make the most sense, seeing that they are semi-competitive in football, but very competitive in basketball...

And their academics are excellent.
        Last edited by lineygoblue; May 28, 2011, 08:08 AM.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The NY population is fools gold, as is a lot of the Eastern population. They aren't college football fanatics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
            The NY population is fools gold, as is a lot of the Eastern population. They aren't college football fanatics.
            Agree for the large part. But they are looking at tv sets

Comment

• Wisconsin and Hawaii talking about a series

Hawaii's top source for breaking news, covering Hawaii news, business, sports, entertainment and weather.

Haven't seen anything new on multiple Big10 teams lining up to play BYU

Comment

• More thoughts on the hypothetical switch of Maryland and GA Tech from a BC fan

If Maryland and Georgia Tech bolted to the Big Ten, would the ACC rush to replace them with Syracuse or Pittsburgh? Or could the ACC survive as a 10-team league?

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Picked up Athlon's previews today. Their predicted standings:

1. Nebraska
                    2. MSU
                    3. Iowa
                    4. Michigan
                    5. Northwestern
                    6. Minnesota

1. OSU
                    2. Wisconsin
                    3. Penn State
                    4. Illinois
                    5. Purdue
                    6. Indiana

OSU over Nebraska for the title.

Comment

• Nice to see that MSU is overrated again.

Comment

• They switched the M's schools otherwise it looks good. Some people have NW rated pretty high which is surprising to me.

Comment

• Strangelove, all kidding and (fun) barbs aside, you think osu survives the first 5 umblemished? I know it won't have much impact on the B10 race, but you think they can make it through with some inexperience at QB?

Comment

• I think they could easily lose at Miami although the Hurricanes have as many QB questions as we have going into that game.

Honestly, Akron is the only gimme. Yes, Toledo could be a tough game. They are returning a very experienced squad and are being picked as the MAC favorite by many.

Comment

• I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think they go 5-0, then lose the first game with Pryor back...just one of those weird things that happens when a big time star comes back and tries to do too much. Too much pressure to prove he's the team leader, top QB, etc.

Comment

• If they go 5-0, it will be interesting to hear them explain to the QB who led them there, that they have to give the job back to Pryor.

Comment

Working...
                                X