X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticky is better

Comment

• Stuck.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Can we bring back separate post-game threads? When I go to games I want to come back and read what people thought about the game, but I don't really care to wade through 200 posts of game-time stuff that I witnessed in person.

I know some people didn't like the separate threads, but what if we just made a new one at the end of the game for post-game discussion? It would make it easier to comment after the game if you weren't here during the game.

Comment

• I second that, Jamie.

Comment

• We'll do that next week. The "Game Day" thread will be closed when the game ends, and a "post game" thread will be opened.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Three separate threads will disappoint several members who have asked for a single, continuing thread that is stuck and is renamed at the appropriate time. I prefer separate threads but it was kept as one at what appeared to be the general feeling of how it should be done.

?????
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You could just have a "Looking ahead" thread that would include all pre-game talk through the season and then have individual Gameday and post-game threads.

Or, is it possible to have a Looking ahead folder that could contain separate Game week threads?

Comment

• We don't need 3 separate threads. The pre-game thread could become the game day thread. I would just like a separate thread for post-game because if you go to the game, wading through 200 posts of play-by-play of the game that you just watched on the field is a bit dull. I would skip to the end, but then you miss any post-game comments that have already happened.

Comment

• I'm good with that idea, Jamie. Makes sense. Any other Mod's or poster's thoughts on this?

Comment

• What's so complicated about three threads? It makes it easier to follow what's posted. If not three, then I agree with Jamie. A game thread and post game thread should be separate. It's not like we can't tell the difference. After all, we are "Michigan Men".

Comment

• Yeah, I really don't mind 3 threads. I was just trying to come up with an idea for those that did.

Comment

• 2 threads (pre-game combined with in-game thread) plus a separate post-game sounds like a logical solution...

The worst part of the one combined discussion is like Jamie said, if your watching the game, I don't want to go through a hundred or so messages to find where the post-game talk starts.

Comment

• 2 threads with the first one un-stuck when the second is created.
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• We'll start a thread with the upcoming game during the week. That one will become the "game day thread" on game day, and will serve as the in-game discussion thread.

After the game is over, we will start a "post game thread", and the in-game discussion thread will be unstuck and closed. The "post game thread" will remain stuck for a couple days after the game, then unstuck so it can fall to the bottom and eventually be deleted.

That should take care of the situation well.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Whatever is fine.

Now let's tackle the economy and global warming.

Comment

Working...
                                X