No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand corrected. It was a Friday night.

It was a pretty sad game until late in the 3rd.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't remember being ranked lower than Minnesota then or ever!

Comment

• "don't remember being ranked lower than Minnesota then or ever"

That's because you weren't around in the late 30s-early 40s. The Bernie Bierman era. Oh well, who cares?

Comment

• I certainly was not around then...

Comment

• If memory serves, Michigan was ranked lower than Minnesota in 2004, too. Minnesota was undefeated coming into the game in 2003 and 2004.

Comment

• I remember having to work (in LA) the night of the Minny game. I saw the whole thing and I think I still made it in on time.

Comment

• Minnesota was solid that year. They rushed for over 400 yards against us and still lost. Abdul-Kaliq, Marion Barber, Laurence Maroney and Thomas Tapeh all had around 100 yards or close, I believe.

Comment

• They were a good football team that year. IIRC, Glen Mason was still there, and they were on the edge of being a factor in the B1G again, but that game seemed to take a lot of wind out of their sails.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The only "tradition" that Richrod didn't trash--he never lost the Little Brown Jug

Comment

• He went 0-8 in the B10 one year, he must not have played them much?

Comment

• I thought his worst was 1-7 with a win being at the Metrodome with Nick Sheridan?

Comment

• I think your right, I believe I read 0-8 in B10 play and later realized it was ATS (against the spread)...

Comment

• That's what I meant -- M was #20 going into that game and the Gophers #17. Was strange to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              I thought his worst was 1-7 with a win being at the Metrodome with Nick Sheridan?
                              RR beat Wisky his first year. We must not have played Minny in year 1.

Comment

• We played Minny in RRod's first year, and won that (along with Wisky) to end up 2-6 in the B1G. We lost three of the four non-conf games (Utah, Toledo and ND).
                                Last edited by Paul L; March 4, 2012, 10:57 AM.
                                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Working...
                                X