No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Michigan alumni Les Miles and his LSU Tigers for defeating Alabama tonight in Tuscaloosa 9-6 in OT.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hearing something about it is different from having convincing evidence that it's taking place. I doubt that Paterno will be legally liable, but the stink surrounding it could be what finally forces him out.

Comment

• To briefly change the subject, LSU just beat The Tide in OT on guess what---another FG! 9-6 the final score, 'Bama lost it by not being able to kick straight in the first half.

One hell of a defensive struggle in the game, though---those 2 defenses are ultra-talented!

Does Satan Saban call his own offensive plays? Screwy play-calling in OT cost his team big-time!

Comment

• Next year when Alabama beats us 31-3 I'll be thinking about how lucky we are Les Miles didn't become our coach.

Comment

• Yes, it's a good thing Lloyd was looking out for the program and made sure that didn't happen

Comment

• Unfortunately, Strangelove is correct.

Its not Les Miles' fault that he's not coaching Michigan right now. That rests squarely on Bill Martin.

Martin needed to tell Carr to shut up and stay out of it. Carr gave up any opportunity of naming his successor when he retired without grooming a suitable candidate.

Comment

• And when he lost to Appalachian State.

Comment

• That too.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                    Two NFL defenses on display in Tuscaloosa
                    And two meh offenses. It would be interesting to see what LSU's defense could do against Andrew Luck or some team with a decent QB.

I really didn't get Saban's approach at the end of the game. Why did he let 30-40 seconds tick off before LSU punted? It just looked like he wussed out and thought he could win it in OT. Call one of your two remaining TO's and you've got 90 seconds to try and win it in regulation.

Comment

• Saban got out coached and Bama got out played. The guy that went up and took the ball from the Bama receiver on the one showed the type of effort LSU put out all game that Bama didn't match, esp. late when it really matters. Miles is what Brady is trying to be. He'll get there. Same genetic Bo code.

QB play sucked for both coaches. I think that's why the score was so ridiculously low .... aside from the fact that those two defenses are pretty good. As the field shortened Richardson was not all that effective.

Looking at the two teams right now, Michigan looks like a top level MAC program compared to Bama, size being the biggest difference. I wasn't that impressed with Bama's speed on defense. LBs are huge but not that fast. DBs are excellent. Size on the OL is also impressive.

Michigan, operating in DR/AB Vol II will score some points against Bama's defense. Hate the thought of BWC at NT against them next season. Richardson is going to have a big game between the tackles. Hope everyone can see why some young guys are getting PT on the DL and LB'ing spots.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Painful, as the Mad Hatter delivers for some Backwater, Podunk, Hillbilly-infested Bayou, we play musical chairs with a group of assclowns. Now I like Hoke & Co but frankly MSU & Iowa were the only two real tests this season (ND was a gift) and his players failed miserably.

I expect the very same excuses to haunt DR in his senior year and given our ridiculously difficult schedule next fall, it's gonna be damn painful. Imagine this would have been Miles' fourth year at Michigan...Coleman & Martin should be sued.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                          And two meh offenses.
                          Two pretty good offenses, both good Olines, great NFL calibre RB...just completely dominant defenses.
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• One NFL caliber RB. He was contained so credit goes to LSU for doing so. It was kind of funny how Vern and Gary were commending Richardson on being about to break 100 yards and then he ran for -6 and -4 on consecutive plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Michigan, operating in DR/AB Vol II will score some points against Bama's defense. Hate the thought of BWC at NT against them next season. Richardson is going to have a big game between the tackles. Hope everyone can see why some young guys are getting PT on the DL and LB'ing spots.

I think Richardson will leave and be in the NFL next year. Maybe Dee Hart debuts, if his knee is healthy?

Comment

• Trent Richardson, Donte Hightower, Barret Jones, Tre Kirkpatrick & Damion Square are all juniors they could lose to the NFL.

A few of those leaving could even the talent disparity as they already have a lot of seniors graduating.

Comment

Working...
                                X