No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll wager the suspension gets tossed. Goodell based the punishment on a 'finding' (no proof) that its "more likely than not" that Brady "probably knew" there was a "general" probability of a tampered ball. That doesn't even meet a civil court thresh hold of guilt much less a criminal one. A federal judge with years on the bench isn't going to go for that one. The Pats paid what, a million bucks fine and lost a couple picks? What is 4 Brady game checks? Even if the staff was guilty, you financially penalize a player because he receives the snaps? What was Brady's biggest transgression? He didn't turn over a cell phone instantly? Thats all you got!?! Nah, the suspension flies out the window. Thats not enough egg on Goodell's face IMO. I hope the judge rips him a new one for being an arrogant a-hole, not the king of the NFL where he dictates to his lowly subjects.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It actually does meet a civil standard of proof. For example, in a negligence case, it's a "more likely than not" that the defendant acted in a way he knew or SHOULD have known was dangerous.

I happen to believe that if the balls were tampered with, Brady knew. I think it remarkably unlikely that two Pats employees would go rogue and deflate balls without Brady knowing. But all I need to believe is that it's more likely than not - in a civil case.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Berman was nonplussed by "more probable than not that he was at least generally aware." He said he had no idea in the world what it meant.

There is an argument being made that Berman is exasperated at the flimsy NFL case but can't do a thing about it but tear them a new one in court like he did yesterday.

Comment

• ESPN
          BREAKING: Tom Brady beats NFL in Deflategate court case. Judge nullifies league's 4-game suspension.
          10:17 AM - 3 Sep 2015

Golden Boy, runs the League, Devine Intervention.

Goodell & the anti-Michigan minions look most foolish now.
          Last edited by Prime2; September 3, 2015, 09:51 AM.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• There was plenty of precedent to overrule an arbitrator as Judge Berman advised.

Brady and the Patriots will begin the 2015 season with a home game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday, Sept. 10.

After weeks of pushing for a settlement, a federal judge has nullified Tom Brady's four-game suspension in the DeflateGate scandal.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Unfortunately, it belies rational thought to conclude that the Patriots were intentionally violating league rules to set a certain ball pressure without Brady's knowledge. He better prostrate himself before the Commish and hope for the best.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              We'll see. From the tenor of your posts, you think Brady won't miss a game. I strongly disagree. We'll have an answer soon enough.

Comment

• HA HA HA! Bogus entrapment case from the start! I said all along that Brady would win if it went to a real court of law. Goodell is an idiot...
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• You are certainly free to form a club or cartel, draft a constitution, bylaws, rules, regulations even hold a Kangaroo court but you will be subject to Federal law....the Law of the Land.

As the greatest QB and player to ever play in the NFL.....I run this League not Goodell.

Last edited by Prime2; September 3, 2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• If the "Award" is vacated, does that mean the Pats get their draft picks and million bucks back?
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• If I'm Robert Kraft, I'd be on the phone asking that exact question.

Also, it appears some folks around here need a big helping of crow! The NFL never had a case. It was a witch hunt from the beginning. Good thing a rational federal judge was there to put Goodell in his place. Hopefully, there will be more the of the same coming today in Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          HA HA HA! Bogus entrapment case from the start! I said all along that Brady would win if it went to a real court of law. Goodell is an idiot...
                          "entrapment" is too flattering. At least with entrapment there is a modicum of evidence that eventually gets produced.

It feels good to see an innocent man's reputation survive a smear campaign.

Comment

• Gary Bettman is significantly better at his job than Roger Goodell is at his. Goodell might want to consider suicide at this point.

Comment

• It really blew up in the NFL's face when Berman allowed everything to become public.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                "entrapment" is too flattering. At least with entrapment there is a modicum of evidence that eventually gets produced.

It feels good to see an innocent man's reputation survive a smear campaign.
                                The fact that they waited until halftime to measure the psi told me all I needed to know. The league also told Chris Mortensen that 11 of the 12 balls measured were two pounds or more under inflated. It was a lie that they never retracted. All this over air pressure! Ray Rice got 2 games for knocking his girlfriend out cold... until the video was made public. Some owners have never gotten over spy-gate. I believe it was they who wanted Goodell to come down hard on the Pats. Does Robert Kraft get his million dollars back?
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X