No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean Goodell is hearing Brady's legal team with himself being surrounded by his legal Court Jesters. Excuse me if I ......

Bwaaahaaahaaa!

I mean, this is going to be no match. If what we are hearing has any substance to it, like, what the Brady side is saying is actually logical, Goodell is a dead man walking. If Wells and his report offered is total BS, it will be shown to be so by Brady's lawyers.

High drama at its best. Believe me I have no stake in defending Tom Brady because he played at M. I do have a stake in exposing the buffoonery of pro-sports.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Goodell is the one who decides whether the Wells report and the punishment is warranted. He's the judge, he decides what is going to be heard. This isn't going to be Matlock.

Comment

• Perhaps ..... the NFLPA will have something to say about this regardless of what Goodell might rule in this case.

If the punishment stands based on the supposition that Brady MIGHT have known about it sets a terrible precedent for the NFL.

Not only that but the punishment is worse than Rice's. That is f'ing absurd and someone on Brady's side is going to make that case either in the Goodell hearing or in a court challenging it.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Goodell is going to be forced to recuse himself or he will face exposure that he neither needs or wants. he is a dead man no matter what at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Seems odd to me that the referees who spot the ball after every play never noticed anything wrong with them.
            On a cold day with many of the officials wearing gloves, there is no way that you can tell by feeling the ball, if its under inflated or not.

Which, by course, means that Brady had no advantage using the under inflated balls.

And the stats of that game bear this out.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Pretty simple, if anybody here is played at least high school football (I did) the more air in the ball the harder it gets. Hence... the less, they are softer, makes it easier to grip for the QB and easier for the receiver to catch. And you are less likely to fumble, especially in the cold.

Comment

• It definitely makes a difference. I always preferred deflated balls.

Comment

• Bottom line, Tom Brady isn't a great QB because he's used a improperly inflated ball.

Weather can play a factor as well.

On hot days, when I have had to spot the ball, I have found that the ball gets squishy all on its own.

The opposite happens on cold days. We have checked the balls in the pregame and found them properly inflated, only to have them become nearly un-handlable by the end of the game, due to how hard they've become.

Tom Brady is a great NFL QB. That fact has nothing to do with ball air pressure.

Comment

• And the fact that he purposefully deflated the balls also means he's a cheater. Probably many other QB's too. Don't think that changes he's a great QB, but he's a cheater too.

Comment

• He's as much a cheater as George Brett was in the "pine tar incident".

Nothing more.

Comment

• Good analogy. I agree. It's also like Kenny Rogers in the World Series with pine tar on his hand to grip the ball in the cold. They told him to clean it off and carry on. That was that. The deflated ball should have been handled similarly.

Comment

• Did he not cheat? I don't care who else did or what sport they played. Did he cheat or not? Is it a rule that he broke? How severe? Probably not 4 games. But yes, it makes a difference.

Comment

• And I don't think it changes his legacy significantly. But he did cheat and I'm not sure why people are apologizing for him. Accept it and move on.

Comment

• I'll wait for the results of his appeal before I attach the label of "cheater" to him.

There's more going on here than finding an under inflated football.

Comment

• I thought the harsh punishment was because the NFL studied the tapes from years and years ago and found a lengthy history of the Patrios doing this. At least I hope so, otherwise the punishment doesn't nearly fit the crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X