Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think OSU still has a shot. I look for them to be top 6 this week.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• OSU will be 8th.

They will not make the playoff. They will go ahead of any 2-loss team, but I think there will be at least 4 teams with 1 loss or less. I thought the B12 muck itself up, but Baylor and TCU winning virtually ensures a 1-loss champion.

It's conceivable, I guess, that Mississippi State could lose to Bama and Ole Miss and Bama could lose to either Auburn or in the SEC CG. It's also conceivable, I guess, that ASU could drop a game before the P12 CCG and then beat Oregon. And Florida State could, I guess, lose a game. But I don't see it. And I'm fine with that. Like I said, Ohio State is still a year away from being hell-raising elite good.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I liked this from MGOBLOG:

OSU points against MSU, tonight: 49. M points against MSU, Hoke era: 43 -- with a freshman QB and four new OL starters and a new RB and Dontre Wilson shaving points
        My initial reaction was, wow, did M really manage to score 43 in four games? Then I remembered they punched in a 4th Q TD in this year's thrashing.

Comment

• Somewhere I read that Michigan has 5 offensive TDs against Sparty in the last 5 meetings. JT Barrett had 5 by himself

Comment

• I think that Ohio State gets a bigger bump from the MSU game. Oregon beat them early by 19 at home. The Buckeyes by 12 on the road?
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Reading Sparty anger over how many tickets Ohio State fans managed to acquire. Here we are doing the wonderful O-H-I-O chant around their stadium

Ohio State fans travel as well as any fan base. They made sure there was plenty of scarlet in the stands Saturday night at Spartan Stadium, and they weren't shy about making themselves at home.

Comment

• Ohio State beat MSU worse than Oregon did. Oregon scored a garbage TD with a minute left and was +2 in TOs. OSU just sort of throttled them from the 2nd Q on.

But, I don't think comparative performance will do OSU much good. The die is cast with Oregon. The die is also cast with TCU. Ohio State has another comparative game coming up the Goofers in Artic conditions! TCU beat the Goofers 30-7 in a game where Minnesota was just awful. So, there's that bar, too -- but, again, I don't think it matters. I also think Baylor will go ahead of TCU if they both finish 11-1, so there's also that.

We'll see, but I have a hard time seeing OSU being any higher than 8th and I don't see them with a lot of opportunity to improve their standing. Thrash the Goofers. Hope that the Huskerz go 11-1 (that hope ends on Saturday) and then find a way to thrash Pellini (unlikely). Even then, they're 5th. Unfortunately, the one conference that the B10 can claim superiority over/less inferiority is the ACC and their champ will go undefeated.

Comment

• Reading Sparty anger over how many tickets Ohio State fans managed to acquire. Here we are doing the wonderful O-H-I-O chant around their stadium
                  Buckeye faithful travel. And if you're getting your ass kicked and your fans leave early, you're going to hear that. Or, if you're Indiana or nFw, you'll hear it pre-game b/c more than half the crowd is OSU.

Comment

• Reading Sparty anger over how many tickets Ohio State fans managed to acquire.
                    That tends to happen when you put your tickets up for sale on Ebay and other sites, and sell them to the highest bidder.

Michigan fans have been doing that for over a decade now.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Ohio State wants to make the playoffs, they will need Texas to upset TCU. Otherwise TCU wins out.
                      A one loss FSU team still is better than a one loss Ohio State team. Oregon or Arizona State will make it plus a SEC team.

SEC team
                      Arizona State or Oregon
                      Florida State
                      TCU
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm not sure a 1-loss FSU team goes ahead of Ohio State. Ohio State may actually end up with more quality wins.

I'm also not sure a 2-loss SEC champ goes ahead of Ohio State.

But I think FSU wins out and the SEC champ will have 1 loss, so it's moot.

And Baylor will still be ahead of OSU. If TCU loses and Baylor wins out, Baylor will be in as a 1-loss B12 champ.

Comment

• Baylor probably has a better chance of losing again than TCU does

Comment

• Yeah, and the BigXII having no CCG makes their road easier.

Comment

• Ohio State may actually end up with more quality wins.
                              Sir, I remind you that you are playing Michigan at the end of the regular season.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Heh. Florida State may get 2 depending on how well you view Clemson/ND. OSU could end up with MSU and UNL which may be better than FSU's duo.

M, sadly, will hurt the SOS.

Comment

Working...
                                X