This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
    Somebody also seems to be forgetting that McGary was ranked #2 when he committed to Michigan. He dipped in the rankings his Senior year and then showed how great he can be this past March.
    We shoulda dropped his ass after he dipped.

Comment

• Let's remember that Peppers is Michigan's first top 5 rated recruit in FOOTBALL since ratings became popular. Being in on top-50 talent is just fine. JB's model seems to be getting good talent and developing it. Kentucky, as an example, seems to reload with highly rated freshment that move on to the NBA after one year.

Comment

• I'm going to be very interested in seeing if what Calipari has going on in Lexington this year blows up in his face like last year of if everything gels like it did two years ago.

With that amount of talent and with everyone coming in probably expecting to be in the NBA draft at this time next year, it really could be combustible.

I know Coach Beilein really looks for players that fit. I don't think Calipari did that. It seemed like he brought in some front-court guys that play the same position. He did well in the backcourt, though.
        Last edited by *JD*; June 22, 2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• I just want to see Zimmerman or Stone or that third big -- Elijah something? -- drop. I know that's not happening tomorrow or even in a few weeks but that's the next big step, IMO. The PG pipeline looks good. There should always be enough wings. McGary proved that as much as people say you win the tourney with guards, you don't get that chance without a big who can clean the glass and finish, and maybe even initiate some of his own. And I want to see that stretch-4 spot solidified with some properly-sized players.

For next year, I want to see McGary have a great summer and come back with some polish and a much better conditioning. I know it's a strong draft but McGary's got a chance to be a top-5 pick in it. If McGary does that it's another big step forward for the program.

Comment

• "combustible" is a great word JD. Any team that has the projected #1 pick in the NBA draft SHOULD at least make the 68 team NCAA tournament.

Michigan's emergence should also validate that physical facilities matter. Their Development Center makes Michigan's calling card ("we develop you into NBA talent") have both a physical and psychological component. Hardaway"s improved handle and McGary's overall improvement are the best argument as to why a recruit should pick Michigan.

Comment

• In fairness, UK probably would have made the tourney had Noel stayed healthy. That said, there was still plenty of talent that they should have been in. Kind of shows 2012 was the perfect storm/right mix of talent and good guys who bought in. Last year's UK team had a lot of knuckleheads on it, most of whom are back, so yes "combustible" does work.

Comment

• Add Jalen Brunson (6'2" PG, ranked #20 by ESPN) to the 2015 offers list. He is Rick Brunson's son. Rick played for Temple and was part of the 1991 McDonald's A-A game with Webber, Rose, Howard, King Glenn Robinson Jr.. He's now an assistant coach in the NBA.:

First reported by Kyle Bogenschutz, Michigan extended a scholarship offer to Illinois point guard Jalen Brunson on Saturday. Brunson, a 6-foot point guard, is a five-star prospect and ranked as the top point guard in his class and #20 overall according to ESPN.com. Brunson received the offer while on an unofficial visit to Michigan on Saturday. […]
                Last edited by *JD*; June 23, 2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Anybody know which TV station is carrying the draft? What time does it start? I checked ESPN's package, and none of them seem to have it.

Comment

• It's on ESPN.

Comment

• 7:30 on Thursday, I believe.

It's nice that the 1st round of the draft once again has some Wolverine flavor in it. It seems very likely that both Trey and Tim will go in the 1st.

Comment

• Recruiting Update of sorts for Vince Edwards:

★The_Prince★ ‏@Vince_Edwards14 4m

Will your decision come before the first week of practice or when is the deadline yo... — Before my first home game http://ask.fm/a/4ga24j7f

Comment

• Pass.

Comment

• He's the one that wants Purdue or us to outwoo him, right? And he's a Plan B type, right? Whatever.

Comment

• I think he should be a plan B guy, not sure exactly how the coaches view him. I don't necessarily think they agree with me.

Comment

• He's been offered. I'm sure Booker and Looney are higher priorities.

Comment

Working...
                                X