Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmmm st elmos

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Why is this on the SEC thread?
      Why is there an SEC thread in this Michigan forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        mmmm st elmos
        That would be my choice.

A few years back Stan bet that RR would be gone before the end of the season. Knowing how M operates, I bet he'd stay ..... and he did, getting fired after the bowl game.

Stan bought steak dinners at St. Elmos for 4 ...... probably emptying his bank account in the process.:-o
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          The B10 East is going to be a slaughterhouse. I don't think anyone runs the table. I fully expect M to have their say in the race.

That said, the fact that it's all contingent on a transfer QB is a really bad look for HARBAUGH!!!!! The QB Whisperer in his FOURTH season.
          I think this is the take to run with. 4-6 losses a year is pouty ``I will never love again'' stuff. I'm encouraged that an obviously dysfunctional situation with OL coaching has been addressed, and I'm hopeful this is evidence of seeing a problem and fixing it. At the very least, we might look forward to having a starting QB reasonably healthy for the OSU game. I think that's been the case for one or two of the past five years, depending on the extent to which Speight was hurt going into last year's.

I also think that the QB situation is the other giant thing to watch. Yes -- fourth season and perhaps reliant on a transfer is a serious situation. And no QB on the roster improved last year. Speight clearly regressed. This has not been addressed with a change in position coaching, or at least not one that we will see. Maybe JH goes back to being more hands-on, or maybe the informal shrinkage of Pep's role helps. Don't know. Certainly if Warriner's OL can't do a better job with passpro, then it's time to really wonder about JH's ability to fix problems.

Overall it's clear to me that there should be LESS dysfunction on the coaching staff, but it still seems like there could be too much. Patterson plus a functional offensive line could result in an excellent team though, and I wouldn't rule out making the playoff in one of the next two years, unless Don Brown can't keep it up with the defense. But Harbaugh still has to develop a recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Why is there an SEC thread in this Michigan forum?

You know, it seems a week cannot go by without you reminding me I post on a Michigan forum. This is a very "Lord of the Flies"-esque implication that I am an interloper.

Anyway, here are four quotes from four very dissimilar people. Choose one or more as the reason:

1) "Because you are interested in college football and the SEC -specifically Alabama- owns all of college football." A.Alum, PhD

2) "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." -Michael Corleone

3) "Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friend?" -Abraham Lincoln

4) "Shaddup" The Wizard
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I disagree with your premise that those are four very dissimilar people. Maybe Corleone and Lincoln stand out from the pack, but just a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                I disagree with your premise that those are four very dissimilar people. Maybe Corleone and Lincoln stand out from the pack, but just a little bit.
                Use your prehensile tail to grab the closest limb and swing completely out of my morning.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't know if there's been some sort of halt to evolution where you are, but me and all the other apes I know don't have tails anymore.

Comment

• That is not your best effort, hack.

Revise and resubmit.

Comment

• This is just 2 minutes. So much good in it.

The heartbreak of the Georgia announcer.

The deadpan of the Russian announcer.

Mike Gundy's stoic look.

The excitement of the Deportes announcers.

[ame]https://youtu.be/j1_RzfIUVFs[/ame]

Comment

• SEC! SEC!

[ame]https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/976995173929402370[/ame]

Comment

• Oh wow. The Big 10 and their incestuous rah-rah pride for each other. Nauseating.

Comment

• shaddup
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• For the first time since Bobby Fischer, an American will compete for the world chess championship.

For the first time since Bobby Fischer captivated the country, a U.S. grandmaster has a shot at becoming the undisputed world chess champion. Fabiano Caruana, t…

Comment

• Which American? Wiz has a lot on his plate right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X