DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old September 5th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #381
Jeff Buchanan

Finally got around to this ...... Michigan Monday from the O-Zone.

Good read. There's an embedded GIF on Ty Wheatley sealing the edge on big Isaac gain. I missed that one. Quite good.

http://theozone.net/2017/09/michigan...s-it-ever-was/
Old September 5th, 2017, 07:34 AM   #382
Hannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
Spot on.

I had a great discussion with my friend Doug Dillon this afternoon. Doug may be one of the best observers of M football I know. He thinks the criticisms of Speight are "overblown." He notes it's coming from a bunch of "Millennials who think they know a lot about football and really don't know shit." Game manager? Does anyone know exactly what this means?

Speight's not a lot of things that we fans think he should be but he is what Harbaugh has right now and they are more on the same page than a lot of people including me give him credit for. He is also WAY better than O'Korn or Peters. He sees the field better than either of them, knows the offense and how it works and is a vocal leader. He sets an example for others to follow in terms of hard work and understanding your craft.

I, for one, am going to stop whining about him and my rather uninformed view that he is limiting the potential of this team.
Heh. That sounds like the Doug that I remember.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 5th, 2017, 02:35 PM   #383
*JD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Geezer View Post
Any UM receiver wearing # 1 catches that ball. At least for the last 20 years or so.
The rare occasion when Da Geezer is making sense.
Old September 5th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #384
*JD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan View Post
It all good with Speight (with a selected few) b/c we won the game. When he shits the bed vs PSU im not saying a word.
He was 21-34 with a TD and no INTs last year vs. them. Hopefully, that will give him some confidence when the time comes.
Old September 5th, 2017, 03:16 PM   #385
whodean

Y'all remember how Rudock called out two years ago? Harbaugh straightened him up remarkably. No reason to think Speight can't similarly improve through the season. M won't really need much for a few weeks to beat these tomato cans anyway. Hopefully he's there by PSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 5th, 2017, 03:35 PM   #386
Mainevent

That's my hope. Rudock started at Iowa then came to Michigan, looked terrible early on (especially on deep balls) and by the end of the year he was money.

As annoyed as I was watching Speight throw high and out of bounds just like he did last year, he basically has 1 year starting under his belt (Rudock had 2) and after a rocky start maybe he'll start that upward trend like we saw with Rudock. I have my concerns but like I said earlier, O'korn is not the answer and Peters is not ready yet. I expect unless he completely blows out, Speight is the starter for the next 2 years.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 5th, 2017, 03:38 PM   #387
Jeff Buchanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
Y'all remember how Rudock called out two years ago? Harbaugh straightened him up remarkably. No reason to think Speight can't similarly improve through the season. M won't really need much for a few weeks to beat these tomato cans anyway. Hopefully he's there by PSU
Hope your'e right. Problem is that Wilton has been great, like really NFL caliber, Ben Rothlesberger great at times then he reverts to WTF Speight. I'm not looking for any kind of sustained improvement. I just want him to get us more yards than he gives up in a game with those WTF plays he dials up on occasion.

I trust Harbaugh to call the plays he can succeed at and not call the ones he'll get in trouble with given game circumstances. So, that combo is likely to help us into some wins we might otherwise not had without it.

We can call it the Sp8baugh factor. I like that. Maybe someone can quantify it on a game by game basis.