DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old November 15th, 2016, 09:36 AM   #41
iam416

Well, it's blindingly obvious O'Korn is playing this week. So, that line SHOULD drop.

What is apparently not clear is whether Speight is done. The OSU-M line re-adjusted after the weekend, but it's still around 6'.
Old November 15th, 2016, 02:39 PM   #42
hack

Brian said he's out for the ``regular season''. Harbaugh said he's not ``out for the season''. Fine print says bowl game, but not rest of the conference sked.
hack is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2016, 03:52 PM   #43
Jeff Buchanan

Saw that ...... hair splitting.

I did think Brian did a good job of explaining why he kept the post up. Speight is very likely out for the next two games. I thought that as soon as I saw him get up from the big hit he took after his last 3rd and 8 passing attempt to Butt that sailed. Suspected an AC joint injury right away with his body posture.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 15th, 2016 at 04:26 PM.
Jeff Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2016, 04:07 PM   #44
hack

Well yes, but it's hair splitting that explains the discrepancy in answers. For now. Allows JH to be vague, which he wants to be.
Old November 16th, 2016, 02:22 AM   #45
Whitley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack View Post
Brian said he's out for the ``regular season''. Harbaugh said he's not ``out for the season''. Fine print says bowl game, but not rest of the conference sked.
Or perhaps the CCG.
Old November 16th, 2016, 08:19 AM   #46
Jeff Buchanan

Absolutely nothing new out there on Speight's status. I thought for sure somebody would see him around campus and report he was in a sling or something like that.

Brings up a question. Is there the facilities in the football complex, including Schembechler Hall, where a player can complete course work without attending mass classes, study, eat and sleep without going outside of it? That there have been no Speight sightings makes me think there is.
Old November 16th, 2016, 10:09 AM   #47
THE_WIZARD_

HARBAUGH!
THE_WIZARD_ is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 16th, 2016, 10:17 AM   #48
hack

I heard that he's wearing an invisibility sling Harbaugh invented Sunday night.
Old November 16th, 2016, 12:03 PM   #49
jaadam4

that must be true.. mgoblog just reported the same thing
jaadam4 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 16th, 2016, 05:32 PM   #50
WingsFan

Quote:
Absolutely nothing new out there on Speight's status. I thought for sure somebody would see him around campus and report he was in a sling or something like that.

‏@nickbaumgardner

Of note: Saw Speight leaving the building today. No noticeable brace/sling/cast/bionic device on that left arm. Just looked like Wilton
WingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:00 PM   #51
Detroit Dan

O'Korn bails way too early? That just means the young man thinks he can make things happen with his legs, as opposed to being overly optimistic about the situation he is experiencing. It would obviously depend mostly upon the environment (how likely is a sack? how likely are receivers to break open?) based upon his judgment as the man at the center of ongoing action.
Detroit Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:15 PM   #52
Detroit Dan

O'Korn bails way too early? He's only come in when we're ahead by 4 or 5 TDs. Do you think the coaches are asking him to take chances in those circumstances? Would you rather have a QB who blows off the coaches and tries to pad his stats in a blowoff? Or are you basing your observation from something in Houston in 2 or 3 years ago? Certainly not the spring game where O'Korn led the O to a TD (against first team D for most part) on every possession.

O'Korn will blow your minds in next 2 games, I hope (c:
Detroit Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 17th, 2016, 01:15 AM   #53
jaadam4

The lack of news about Speight is hilarious.
Old November 17th, 2016, 07:34 AM   #54
Niffla

I'll tell you what...O'Korn's highlight reel from his freshman season at Houston was pretty impressive. The kid is certainly talented. And from all accounts he has been one of the hardest workers in practice and pretty much has a second home damn near in the film room...let's hope that pays off if he ends up taking the reigns.

His teammates speak of him glowingly. And it seems genuine.
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:13 AM   #55
jaadam4

Speight surpassed my expectations. I'm sure coach has done an excellent job with O'Korn as well.
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:14 AM   #56
jaadam4

And O'Korn is supposed to have a cannon. Hopefully he gets his timing down and excels
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #57
Jeff Buchanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaadam4 View Post
The lack of news about Speight is hilarious.
Submarine.

Deep dive.
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:03 PM   #58
WingsFan

Annoucing team - Dave Pasch, Greg McElroy
WingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:05 PM   #59
Hannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan View Post
Annoucing team - Dave Pasch, Greg McElroy
Sweet. Dave Pasch is really good.
Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:22 PM   #60
Jeff Buchanan

I dunno, man.

I've read through the UFR for M's awffense v Iowa ..... awful. The problem for me is that Brian had no explanation for the awfulness. Keys were Good Kalis returning to bad Kalis and just terrible blocking and pass-pro by the OL against Iowa's standard 4-3, 2-high Ss playing zone.

Some of this would have been mitigated by some sort of really unique defensive stuff Iowa came up with. No. They did what they have been doing forever. The worst part is that Iowa repeatedly used a LB scrape exchange that was very effective in stoning the run game and whoever was play calling did nothing to adjust to it (you'll have to read the UFR to see what should have been done but wasn't).

So, this is disturbing as it relates to playing CHAOS IU. It is possible, at least IMO, that having Speight out, and it is almost certain he will be out, that the coaching staff has to something a bit different with O'Korn in there. That could be interesting ..... or ...... disasterous.

If you've been watching, the WX is typical for this time of year in SE Michigan. Who knows! But the chances of it being nice are almost zero. Could be very windy, but maybe not so much. Could be dry or maybe a downpour. Could be in the 50s but maybe in the 30s with wind chills in the 20s. Ugh. Glad I will be in ATL watching from home.

I have no idea what the score might be, None. Too many unknowns. At least the defense will play well. They played well enough v. Iowa to win ...... but, wait, this is CHAOS IU. They could score a bunch (as they have historically) and M may not be able to keep up..... or they could be a turnover machine as they are wont to be.

Good luck Michigan and Go Blue.