DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old June 2nd, 2016, 11:55 AM   #21
lineygoblue

I hope you're right, Mike.

If he did what has been reported, he should never have another HC job again.
Old June 2nd, 2016, 12:10 PM   #22
lineygoblue

Just watched a video on M Live of Harbaugh working at the Atlanta satellite camp.

Man, I'm so proud to have this guy as our HC.

Michigan hit the jackpot when they got Harbaugh back. Thank you San Francisco 49ers.

Absolutely the most significant hire in Michigan football history since Schembechler.
Old June 2nd, 2016, 04:29 PM   #23
WM Wolverine

Highly expect a lengthy show cause like Tressel.
WM Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:50 AM   #24
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineygoblue View Post

Man, I'm so proud to have this guy as our HC.
Amen
jaadam4 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:55 AM   #25
Prime2

LOL, and Saban is worried about satellite camps? If you ask me, good old prison ought to do the trick.

I guess there is law higher than man's on the Alabama campus, so it appears Robinson will answer to Saban. LOL

Robinson's status with Alabama pending legal action
by Dylan Perego Jun 02, 10:16 AM

Cam Robinson's future with Alabama remains up in the air, and head coach Nick Saban believes team action will reflect the results of the legal process surrounding the standout offensive tackle.

Saban is taking his time in determining an exact form of discipline for his star player. Robinson, along with teammate Hootie Jones, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and possessing a handgun in the presence of drugs last month in West Monroe, LA.

Robinson also received a felony charge for possessing a stolen firearm in the incident.

"It's the first time Cam has ever had an issue or a problem," Saban told Chris Low of ESPN. "We're handling it and managing it internally and making him do things to hopefully change his behavior. I'm waiting to see how this whole legal thing plays out, because it's not really what it seems to be."

Both Robinson and Jones were reportedly at a shooting range earlier that night. Robinson had purchased the gun a year prior, but never registered it. He claims he did not know the gun was stolen.

Robinson has been touted by some to be a potential top-10 pick in next year's NFL draft.

Last edited by Prime2; June 3rd, 2016 at 07:31 AM.
Prime2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 3rd, 2016, 07:01 AM   #26
jaadam4

These HC's must cringe when they hear the shit these kids get into these days. There's just so much trouble out there for them and really no place to hide.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 07:13 AM   #27
Detroit Dan

Michigan vs. Alabama becoming college football's most desired matchup
Quote:
Forget about the satellite camps. Focus on the potential for a dream matchup between Alabama and Michigan with coaches Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh, instead...

Predictably, we're eating this up.

We speculate about how much Harbaugh gets under Saban's skin, chastise Harbaugh for trying to put himself in the same class as the five-time national champion and entrench ourselves with our beliefs on, of all things, a summer football camp for high school kids...

It's not the matchup that would save college football — the sport is fine. It’s not even the best coaching matchup in college football right now. That’s still Saban vs. Urban Meyer, who led Ohio State to a 42-13 win against Michigan in Ann Arbor last year.

Harbaugh needs to beat Meyer before he can even think about Saban. But we’ve seen Saban vs. Meyer four times, and there’s a good chance we’ll see that one again. Those two have eight national championships between them.

Harbaugh’s persona brings something different to the table. He is page views and eyeballs. He has become the dominant personality in college football, somehow bigger than Saban and Meyer. Fans enjoy watching Michigan lose — remember the reaction to the punt fumble against Michigan State — as much as they enjoy watching Alabama lose. If these two ever cross paths, somebody goes down...

Those who think Harbaugh would wilt at the mere sight of Saban should look at the 2012 NFL regular-season matchup against New England and Bill Belichick. Harbaugh-led San Francisco jumped out to a 31-10 lead after three quarters in Foxborough before holding off a Tom Brady rally for a 41-34 victory.

If Michigan gets to the College Football Playoff, that means they will have beaten Michigan State and Ohio State. That also means they would have a team capable of playing with the Crimson Tide.

Would Alabama fans prefer a rematch with Meyer or a shot at Harbaugh given the choice? Saban has beaten Bob Stoops, Mack Brown, Les Miles, Brian Kelly and Dabo Swinney to clinch national championships. Would a win against Harbaugh trump all those victories?

It’s a matchup that might never happen – keep in mind Saban turns 65 in October. Conference championships and playoff matchups are tough to predict, and a lot of things have to happen for dream matchups like these to materialize. Yet the SEC and Big Ten have enough bowl ties to make that happen should both teams miss the Playoff.

Still, the bigger the stage, the better this would be. Alabama and Michigan have combined to claim 27 national championships. Imagine them playing for the next one.
(emphasis added)

Last edited by Detroit Dan; June 3rd, 2016 at 07:16 AM.
Detroit Dan is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 3rd, 2016, 07:50 AM   #28
jaadam4

Wow. I didn't realize Satan was that old.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 09:49 AM   #29
UMStan White

Unfortunately i remember all too well the last match up with Saban.
UMStan White is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 3rd, 2016, 12:14 PM   #30
iam416

This is the part of the daft article I would have bolded:
Quote:

It's not the matchup that would save college football — the sport is fine. It’s not even the best coaching matchup in college football right now. That’s still Saban vs. Urban Meyer, who led Ohio State to a 42-13 win against Michigan in Ann Arbor last year.

Harbaugh needs to beat Meyer before he can even think about Saban. But we’ve seen Saban vs. Meyer four times, and there’s a good chance we’ll see that one again. Those two have eight national championships between them.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 12:15 PM   #31
iam416

Quote:

Old June 3rd, 2016, 12:32 PM   #32
WingsFan

That really fascinating feud between Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban seems to be over already.

Although the head coaches of Michigan and Alabama, respectively, have spent the last couple days throwing insults at one another, the two programs are set to join forces to host a satellite camp Monday in Baltimore.
WingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 3rd, 2016, 12:49 PM   #33
hack

Speaking of, what's the protocol on showing up to watch these things? Permissible?
hack is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 3rd, 2016, 01:04 PM   #34
lineygoblue

Its probably up to the hosting venue.

They may charge for admission for spectators.

If one was going to be held near me, I'd probably show up just to see what the deal is. If it cost a few bucks to get in, I'd do it.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 03:06 PM   #35
Detroit Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam416 View Post
Seriously, however, I thought the article was pretty good. College football is entertainment, and Harbaugh seems to get that. He's already passed Meyer and Saban in "page views and eyeball", and that is significant with regard to recruiting and marketing.

Of course, Harbaugh has coached more Super Bowl teams than Saban and Meyer combined. So there!
Detroit Dan is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 3rd, 2016, 04:14 PM   #36
WingsFan

NFL should've never let Jim Harbaugh get away

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...413rwwprcerukh
Old June 4th, 2016, 08:51 PM   #37
Mike

NCAA stops HARBAUGH!! from signing autographs at satellite camp.

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michi...satellite-camp
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 5th, 2016, 04:53 AM   #38
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan View Post
NFL should've never let Jim Harbaugh get away

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...413rwwprcerukh
I still can't believe he's coaching Michigan.
Old June 5th, 2016, 04:56 AM   #39
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
NCAA stops HARBAUGH!! from signing autographs at satellite camp.

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michi...satellite-camp
You knew crap like this would start up. I'm curious as to the reasoning. He's not selling them. What about pictures, is that against the new rules as well? lol the NCAA compliance officer (SEC)
Old June 5th, 2016, 01:39 PM   #40
WingsFan

Celebrity head coach, bunch of 50-60 yr old men carrying 10-12 mini helmets, footballs, pictures ect. Of course Harbaugh knew what their doing, said I'm only signing one.