DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old April 28th, 2011, 11:29 PM   #21
Jamie H

Reading an analysis of Fairley, it was mentioned that he has bad "work habits". Anyone pay a lot of attention to him at Auburn? I don't know much about him.
Jamie H is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #22
JRB

Nick Fairley, to me, is a guy that's gotten by on phenomenal quickness and athletic abilities. I have no first-hand knowledge of his work habits, obviously, but having seen him in the last couple of years at Auburn, I can say he was a dominant defensive player last year. He's going to have to work on his pad level-- he made a lot of plays last year by standing up off the snap and running through gaps. That's not going to fly nearly as often against NFL offensive linemen. He's also going to have to work on stopping at the whistle-- he drew a lot of silly personal fouls last year because he loses control of his emotions and plays too aggressively. Having said all that, I can't fault the Lions for taking him, because I thought he was the best talent available at that pick. He has all the tools. When he was on, he was all but unblockable at the collegiate level last year. He's going to a team with excellent defensive coaches and a franchise DT to emulate in Ndamukong Suh. This ought to work.
JRB is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #23
JRB

Jonas Mouton goes in the second round to the Chargers. That's a surprise...
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #24
WM Wolverine

Not sure what GR had his LB's doing but Ezeh/Mouton looked to both be thinking way too much, seems that they had multiple gaps to fill (rare & unlikely)... I would've projected him as a second rounder maybe after his sophomore season till GR got ahold of him.
WM Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #25
JRB

I'm pretty sure Greg Robinson wasn't sure what he had his LBs doing, either. Mouton has a lot of talent, but the Chargers have to be very confident in their developmental abilities to take Mouton there. I thought Mouton would be fortunate to sneak into the end of the third round.
Old April 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #26
JRB

And Ryan Mallett gets to back up a Michigan QB again.
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #27
Jamie H

If Mouton is really worth a 2nd rounder, it just makes Michigan's old defensive coaches look even worse. I thought the excuse was they didn't have any talent to work with?
Old May 25th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #28
Chuck Mallory

Just watched the show on ESPN The Brady Six. Great show if your a M fan. Lots of nice Michigan footage, Carr, Henson interviews. Anyone else catch this. Henson, although he left us high and dry is a class act and a Michigan man, if he would of stayed that last year at M may still be playing, or at least be rich as hell.
Chuck Mallory is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #29
lineygoblue

Henson still won't admit that he made a bad move.

Steinbrenner's dollars would have still been available to him after he graduated. The only reason he made the offer was because he wanted to help O-Lie-O win a game.
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #30
Jeff Buchanan

That was tressel's first year ....... all part of the mass of roaches being discovered after truning the rock over on the osu football program since that lieing dirt-ball's arrival on the osu campus.
Jeff Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #31
SeanB

From a fantasy site, pretty funny, and true, statement about Pryor's presser yesterday:

Agent Drew Rosenhaus put on a performance straight out of Jerry Maguire, insisting Pryor is a first-round supplemental prospect, a high character player, and perhaps the most unique quarterback athlete the NFL has seen. Back here on Planet Earth, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reiterated that Pryor is seen as no more than a mid-round pick. Several GMs have told Mort that they want to be sure Pryor is willing to consider a move to a "Jermichael Finley-type" of tight end down the line if they're going to use a supplemental pick this year.
SeanB is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #32
Mike

Jake Long is ranked the #1 NFL offensive lineman by his peers.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/wh...jake-long-rank
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #33
Jamie H

Not surprising. Jake is a monster. And to think we almost lost him in that fire before he even played a down for Michigan.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #34
lineygoblue

He was only ranked a 3 star as a junior at Lapeer East HS. Even by time he signed with Michigan, he was only ranked a 4 star.

Congratulations to Jake.
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #35
Jamie H

Jake really grew into his frame. O-Linemen are somewhat hard to predict because so much of their future ability is tied to how they mature physically.
Old June 17th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #36
WingsFan

Fun Fact of the day- The Patriots now have the longest steak in Boston without a championship.
WingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #37
Mike

No city deserves that type of success. I'm envious.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #38
geo weidl

Last weekend, my son Jamie and I had the opportunity to attend a CFL night game between the Montreal Alouettes and the Toronto Argonauts. The game was played at Stade Percival Molson Stadium, a comfortable bench seating capacity of 25,000, which is shared by both the Alouettes and McGill University. It was an enjoyable evening with temperatures around the high 70ís. For me, a preview of what will be, come September 10th.

A few players from the B10 that you may remember. Playing for Montreal #30 Dahrran Diedrick, RB from Nebraska 2002

Also playing for Montreal #69 Eric Wilson of Michigan 2000 at DT (left side of pic). For the Argos #56 Rob Murphy, OT from OSU 1999 (he is the one on the right side of the pic with the tattoo on his right arm).

geo weidl is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #39
lineygoblue

heh @ the official with the red flag sticking out of his pocket ... tsk .. tsk .. .. so tacky.
Old July 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #40
drok

Nice pics!
drok is offline   Reply With Quote Top