Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is a tourney team, if they can maintain this. Not another truly challenging game till @ Purdue first week of February

Comment

• I haven’t seen OSU play truly appealing ball since 2012. And maybe even 2011. It’s not just winning, it’s actually looking good.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I haven?t seen OSU play truly appealing ball since 2012. And maybe even 2011. It?s not just winning, it?s actually looking good.
          Yep. Very much agreed. No slight meant towards Matta. Appreciate everything he did for the program.

Comment

• The B1G is horrible this year sans MSU.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Assuming Otis Reese flips to Georgia and Tyler Friday actually signs with OSU (and I have my doubts -- he likes Schiano -- Schiano is looking at the NFL w/ CFB HC now out) then:

Ohio State will have 14 recruits ranked higher than the highest ranked M recruit.

If you care about such things.

As always, fuck Georgia and sort of fuck Alabama.

Comment

• Roll Tide
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Appealing basketball in the Big Ten is a fools errand 95 percent of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Roll Tide
                    Wrong thread, you sacrilegious inebriate.

Comment

• Seconded.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Thirded.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ohio State's next 2 games are at NW and then at MSG to play the Goofers. After that, it's 4 straight home games against UNL, PSU, Indiana and Illinois.

So far OSU has more or less blown the doors off of every B10 team they've played with the exception of Iowa (in control the whole way) and M (ugly 18 minutes before commencing blowing doors off).

And, yet, when they've played decent OoC teams, they've been whipped -- Gonzaga just methodically beat them; UNC put in a nice run at the end of the half and controlled the game thereon and Clemson got them good in the final 15.

Fascinating season. It's fantastic that it's at least interesting.

Comment

• OSU controls the game early and almost loses it late against NW. I guess the upside is that this was a carbon copy of the Butler game -- and they blew that one, so progress!

More pointedly, I'm not about to complain about a road win for this team. The improbable starts continues -- 7-0 in conference. Goofers at MSG then a slew of home games. I might actually get to watch OSU play in the NCAA tournament this season! And get dumped out by an 11 or 10 seed.

Comment

• Recruiting wise, Ohio State probably still has 4-5 more spots if they get the right players. They are primarily chasing:

Tyler Friday (you know about him)
                              Javontae Jean-Baptiste (low 4* DE)
                              Rasheed Walker (OT, top 100)
                              Nicholas Petit-Frere
                              Christopher Oats (low 4* OLB)
                              Maurice Washington (high 3* RB)

There are couple others, too, but that's the "non-reach" board (IMO). We'll find out about Friday on, well, Friday. Folks seem to think that JJB will got to OSU -- he had a relationship with Frosty, but I'm not sure it's enough to beat Schiano/LJSr. Oats, apparently, finally got the go-head to visit. He's an in-state kid that OSU has put on the backburner all year. They question was always whether they'd actually take him. Bringing him for an OV on the last weekend suggests they will.

With Washington, I'm not sure where he fits, but they really like him and have kept recruiting him despite having two RBs in the class.

NPF, according to Bill Greene, was going to ND until Heilstand left. Things are a little more open. He's scheduled an OV. If he gets off the plane then OSU probably has a credible chance. Until then, though, there's zero hope. That said, if OSU pulled NPF then I'd get to spend all day reading Mgo and watching the total meltdown. That'd be fun.

Comment

• Ohio State has gone from not in Lunardi's bracket to a 3 seed in the space of 4 weeks. God bless.

Comment

Working...
                                X