College Football Broadcast Information/Schedule - TV, Streams, Tech Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help on Chrome.

I bought an Acer R13 Touchscreen 2-in-1 Chromebook. I wanted to go to a store to buy it and tried Best Buy. I've never had a good buying experience with them and the trend continued....... a stock check revealed there was not a single unit available in the SE.

I ordered on line from Costco; it was $389.

Of all the "Book" type laptops (or tablets - this one is kinda in between), it has the largest display. It also has a standard USB port. Samsung, Lenovo offering similar products for about $100 to $120 more have all gone to the USB-C ports. Nothing works on these unless you buy the adapter for about $30. The Acer will run a mouse off Blue Tooth (I hate the pad) and a External USB DVD/CD unit off the standard USB port.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Someone posted that the IU/M game had the highest number of viewers yesterday of all the televised games. That's nice. People need to stop watching CFB so I can stream!!!!

Just wondering if others are having a similar experience with all the regional and major sports broadcasters who offer live streamed CFB games (that would be BTN, ABC/ESPN, Fox and CBS) that I am routinely experiencing.

On Saturday, noon time, I was watching the M/IU game via my OTA signal for ABC. Just for kicks I went to BTN, WatchESPN and Fox, FSGO Video on the web. Games of interest were FSU/Duke (Watch ESPN), Rutgers/Illinois (BTN) and Kansas/Iowa State (FSGO Video).Not that I had a great deal of interest in the games themselves, I just wanted to see how good these streamed products were.

The BTN and WatchESPN constantly buffered. FSGO Video streamed flawlessly. I don't have a network, router or internet problem. Gone through that when I first started doing this.

Later I wanted to stream MSU/Minnesota (BTN), osu/neb (FSGO Video) and had the same problem. The osu/neb game on FSGO Video - the same server I had no problems with for Kansas/Iowa State - was unwatchable due to buffering.

To me, this is clearly a service provider server issue - they get overloaded. WTF. With all the advertised hype about TV anywhere from these guys, investment in delivering a decent product isn't there. Of course, that's not surprising but it's frustrating. I just want to confirm that I'm not alone.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
      X