No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol yep, I saw your name posted as the last comment and I knew something was going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
      "Overall it was an unlucky outing for Ronaldo, who missed a couple of chances and would have scored Real?s second goal had Almeria?s Mauro dos Santos not put it into his own net."

Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo was visibly upset when Alvaro Arbeloa scored his side’s 3-0 and smashed the ball into the empty net before shaking his head on the way back to the halfway line.

TonyG would be proud of me!
      Thanks Septem, and Nice find, Dean.

But Tony would've had a complete list of all the OG's for the entire season. You slipped up, mate.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Ha, Too true, he would have!
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Nice find, Dean.
          Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
          🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
          https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• And you guys say you don't care much for the soccer........

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• WTF?
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                And you guys say you don't care much for the soccer........

https://goalwa.files.wordpress.com/2...it_city_fc.jpg
                Nice find!
                Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
                https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Detroit City FC is quite the phenomenon for being in such a small league and playing at a high school field in the hood.

Comment

• Here is a good article about the two Detroit pro soccer teams

Interesting point in the article is Detroit FC has outgrown Cass Tech's football field and is trying to get funding to renovate Keyworth Stadium in Hamtramck. That would be amazing as Keyworth is really cool but in bad condition. We've played many football games there. A lot of old history there.

Comment

• Excellent article there. New Detroit City fan here.

Who do they hate most? Those Lansing fuckwits? Buck-Fuckwits?

It's aw aboot the hate in soccer!

And am I correct thinking Hamtramck has a large Polish community within? Get some Poles in the team........, they can play the fitbaw.

Comment

• Yeah, Hamtramck used to be majority Polish, there was a GM plant named the Poletown Plant. It still has a large Polish population but now it also has a large Middle Eastern population. It is a city surrounded by Detroit. A funny thing about that stadium is when we score in the south end zone we have to kick the PAT in the north end zone so nobody steals the ball.

Comment

• Michigan Bucks 3 DCFC 0

I believe Malto Marko has connections to the indoor soccer facitlity this game was played at. We have the Detroit Irish Feis there.

Comment

• 3-0 after half an hour? Either the Bucks eased off after that, or Deeee Troit City got their shit together in deeeee-fence.

Got to admit, I'd like to experience a DCFC game. Can't beat a bit of banter and singing amongst the fans.

Comment

• I want to go to one, they just started in 2012 but it is crazy how well known they've become for being a pro-am team. Season tickets are sold out. I was talking to my wife and 9 year old daughter telling them about that Keyworth Stadium possibility. I asked them if they've heard about Detroit City Football Club and my daughter said, "Oh you mean DCFC?"

Comment

• Marko, saw this and thought of you:-

Cool T-Shirt (and way better than the England one!)
                                AAL Quintez Cephus
                                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Working...
                                X