No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe use pepperonis instead of the red dots on the ice.

And have the boards covered in bacon like that deep dish coronary inducer.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Oh, would anything be better than all the boards painted like bacon ?

you, sir, are a pizza genius............
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Maybe they can use Ericsson to vacuum up the place after everyone leaves the game

You know, because he sucks
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Buy one ticket get two.

Hockey Hockey
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Just about every Friday on the way home from work, I used to stop and buy 4 Hot n Readies for Chris and his core friends to tear into. Sue and I would get bbq ribs or something else the boys didn't care for.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Nice memory Drew.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Teemu Pulkkinen scored 2 goals in the worlds against USA... on the power play

How in the crap did Blashil not try to utilize this kid more? He barely played at the tail end of the year.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He was pretty much benched after that injury.

Blashill made a lot of questionable moves.

Comment

• Post this over in the U of M forum as well..

The Detroit News had an article today discussing the different trajectories regarding the Wings and Pistons today. It was pretty accurate talking about how the Wings need to do something to shake things up. Some of Hollands quotes are like "yeah.. no shit"

From Holland: ?In my opinion, this is probably the first summer since Nicklas Lidstrom retired, and now Pavel, that I?ve got to look at trying to do more than adding to what we?ve got. Maybe we?ve got to shake up the pot a little bit.?

**he's correct in this thought process in his first few quotes but where has this been the last few years regarding the last comment?**

?I?m not into a rebuild,? Holland said. ?We?re gonna try to win, try to make the team a little bit different, a little bigger, give more responsibilities to some of our younger players and explore free agency. But those (free agents) for the most part are support pieces, not guys that carry franchises. I?m gonna be more aggressive going to the draft this year and exploring trades.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Jaadam, did you hear the other part of LLLLoyds Hollands speech, something you really want to tell your fans!

"If you expect Cups, you're in the wrong league".

Comment

• With this expansion draft talk that may occur next year......
                        The Red Wings would be wise to try and move as many of the no trade/movement clauses they have before then....
                        It sounds like teams have to use one of their player protections on those that have a no trade/movement clause, but I can't find any details on whether that is for ALL no movement clauses or if some of the modified no movement clauses are exempt for this rule...I am assuming that any and all no trade/movement clauses have to be protected.

Granted the other teams will be in the same boat and those contracts will become even more toxic.... so may be really hard to move Howard this year.

It looks like we would have after next season these players to protect whether we want to or not:

Nyquist
                        Green
                        Abbie
                        Kronwall
                        Ericsson
                        Howard

All the more reason to trade Nyquist now and keep Tatar and trade Howard now otherwise we have to spend another protection on Mrazek leaving us vulnerable elsewhere.
                        Fucking Ericsson being protected makes me want to vomit.....find a way to get rid of him. Give him away...... shit give a team next years 3rd rounder (We'll have 2 3rd rounders thanks to Babs going to Toronto) just to take him and we'll retain half his salary too....

Comment

• Ericsson is the worst contract on the team and is unmovable IMO. How the hell was this kid a forward? He's just not good.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• How can we get rid of his contract from the salary cap other than trading him?

I don't know the new CBA well enough....
                            If we waive him to the AHL, I know we still have to pay his contract but do all we get in relieve is the NHL minimum salary + 375,000 ( 900k total relief?)

Can you still agree to "loan" players to overseas teams and get total cap relief of the players contract? Tell Ericsson that he will either play in the AHL or we can send him to Sweden to play..... his choice. He'll make his money either way but would he rather play in AHL or in his home country? This would remove his cap hit from our team..

May not be highly regarded amongst players and could hinder some future players from coming to Detroit as FA's..... but fuck it. If you suck at what you do then you get shipped.
                            Last edited by Habib21; May 8, 2016, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• I have no idea but that would be cool by me! He's so awful
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Sad thing is, I don't think Kronwall was much better either.....

It's hard to say whether it was Kronwall being dragged down by Ericsson, or if they were just both dreadful...

I hate to say it, but I think it is the latter...
                                Kronwall would be fine as a second pair or 3rd pair defenseman, but he is not a top tier defenseman. I don't think he ever was, he just looked like it because Lidstrom was good enough to make anyone look like a top tier defensive player.
                                He was able to go for the big hits and take more chances when he had someone like Lidstrom covering his back..... since then he hasn't been able to play his game and his weaknesses have really shown through.

Comment

Working...
                                X