Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Nice
    It was awesome. I wish I could make somebody that happy every day.

It was a tough one to pull off, as I had to work until 12:30 AM the night before I sprung it on her.
    Last edited by dpatnod; April 24, 2016, 10:13 PM.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Cool stuff, dpat. I bet that was an awesome moment with your daughter!
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
        Cool stuff, dpat. I bet that was an awesome moment with your daughter!
        The most precious commodity. And I have been blessed with many of them.

And the night before, when pictures of her at 3 years old caught my eye thinking about what was happening in a few hours....... bittersweet.
        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Yeah, I can imagine...Tyler is only six, and I can't believe where the time has gone.
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Soak it all up like a sponge.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Nice work on the Fiero. It sounds like you are making a lot of progress. I would think your welding experience would come in handy when you get ready to reinforce the frame to take the V8. Post some pictures.

Comment

• V. Nice Dpat, great memory for your daughter!
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                  I have been looking for two weeks for a decent car (can be tough in Michigan in some price ranges). My daughter's 17th is Monday. She was able to stay over this weekend, and so Saturday morning a suprise 'appeared' in the driveway after breakfast.

I told her she had to come outside and see this dog that had just run by. When we came around the corner of the house and the car was there, I hung a Dr. Who (she's a fan) lanyard around her neck with the keys hanging off of it.

It was pretty fantastic, and believe it or not I was like a kid Christmas night not being able to sleep planning it.

Possibly the best day this year, so far.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                    Nice work on the Fiero. It sounds like you are making a lot of progress. I would think your welding experience would come in handy when you get ready to reinforce the frame to take the V8. Post some pictures.
                    I will post pictures when it is worth looking at, lol. Actually, the fiero is ready to accept a V-8 as it came stock. The designers of the car (which include John Delorean) originally intended it to be a sports car. GM executives continually down-graded the drive train and suspension (except the '88) to use common 'parts bin' components to ensure the fiero was a commuter, and did not threaten the flagship - Corvette. Delorean was pusing for a mid-engine sports car since the 60's. The Opel GT was produced, but the really sweet Pontiac Banshee was killed before production, again because it would threaten the Corvette.

The frame reinforcement is only necessary to cut off the top to fit on the kit car body.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Gonz, this is for you.

The new coaster at Cedar Pointe.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAjku9rTITs"]Valravn (POV) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Thanks MM.

When we go, will you meet us?
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• You bet I will!

Comment

• Pffft. That thing didn't even come off the tracks one time. Plus where's the chainsaws?
                            Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Thanks MM.

When we go, will you meet us?
                              I will. Thanks for asking.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                I will. Thanks for asking.
                                You know if I'm in the vicinity the two of you are getting a call.

We've tentatively penciled in around mid August 2017 for my 50th.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X