Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Let me put it in words that Masspartan can accept.

MILLENHEW was a proven weiner.

The type you really, really like because he was a Lion.
    Mayhew took over the worst run organization in all of professional sports. He took over a roster that was on it's way to an 0-16 season.

The team was devoid of salary cap space. The roster was one of the five oldest rosters in the league. The Lions and Mayhew did not have a plethora of draft picks at his disposal.

His first draft netted: Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas, Levy, Hill, and even Murtha. It was solid. Compare that to the last Millen draft where Cherilous & Dizon were the first two picks.

Mayhew had his team in the playoffs within three years. Was he great? Probably not ... but to label him inept is 100% ignorant.
    Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
      Mayhew took over the worst run organization in all of professional sports. He took over a roster that was on it's way to an 0-16 season.

The team was devoid of salary cap space. The roster was one of the five oldest rosters in the league. The Lions and Mayhew did not have a plethora of draft picks at his disposal.

His first draft netted: Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas, Levy, Hill, and even Murtha. It was solid. Compare that to the last Millen draft where Cherilous & Dizon were the first two picks.

Mayhew had his team in the playoffs within three years. Was he great? Probably not ... but to label him inept is 100% ignorant.
      So we should expect to see the Lions in the Super Bowl next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
        So we should expect to see the Lions in the Super Bowl next year?
        I am guessing we should expect to see the Lions a perennial playoff team starting the year after next.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Ex-Lions WR tells Calvin Johnson to unretire and sign with the Patriots

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...inkId=22536295
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Ya right.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/ayFZvxbxWMQ[/ame]

It's a new trend. Retire for a year, make a comeback. BJ Raji is going to try it as is the 49er Olineman whose name i forgot.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I am not sure you can become a FA if you retire with time still left on your contract.

I believe this was addressed when Barry retired.

Comment

• if he unretires he is still a Lion.

However ... if the Lions have spent all of the cap that it would cost to take on his contract again if he 'unretires' then they could be forced to release him making him a free agent.
                  Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                    if he unretires he is still a Lion.

However ... if the Lions have spent all of the cap that it would cost to take on his contract again if he 'unretires' then they could be forced to release him making him a free agent.
                    Which may be why they have not spent all of their money yet.....

Comment

• Zack Follett had neck surgery, stemming from his injury while a Lion. Wow at these xrays!!
                      Attached Files
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• His jaw is too square.;-)

Comment

• Nick Fairley is signing with the Saints.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• We need to to an over/under for how many teams he plays for before no one else is stupid enough to give him a contract.

Comment

• Former NFL wide receiver Brett Perriman hospitalized

By Brett Pollakoff
                              Published May 04, 2016

Former NFL wide receiver Brett Perriman has been hospitalized, according to a report from CBS Miami.

Perriman, 50, was taken to a Miami-area hospital Tuesday night after collapsing due to what a family member said was "an extremely high blood pressure".

Reports said that Perriman was placed on life support and has remained in that state. However, an unnamed family member was quoted saying that Perriman showed "some small signs of progress" overnight into Wednesday morning.

Prayers up for my pops! He's the real definition of hard body so I know he will be walking out the hospital like nothing happen very soon 🙏🏾

? Breshad Perriman (@B_Perriman11) May 4, 2016

Perriman played college ball at the University of Miami, before going on to have a successful 10-year career in the pros. He played for the Saints, Lions, Dolphins and Chiefs. His son, Breshad Perriman, was selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the first round of the NFL Draft in 2015.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Sad news. Love Brett. Prayers.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X