No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok we left the Detroit AOH at 4 PM EDT Thursday and checked into the Glasgow Ibis Styles hotel at 4 PM GMT Friday and we had very little issues! It was only touch and go at Heathrow, Maura's teacher told us that we would need every bit of the 90 minute layover time.

Comment

• Detroit AOH?

On 5 mile?
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Detroit AOH?

On 5 mile?
        Airport On Hill?
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          Detroit AOH?

On 5 mile?
          Yep

Glasgow was great, the venue for the event was way too small. In some respects it didn't feel like a World Championships. My daughter danced very well, but at this level you have to be outstanding.

The city of Glasgow was great though. There was only a few Scottish accents I couldn't understand.

Comment

• How was the plane ride Loops?
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Yep

You know Joann Murphy?

Comment

• I haven't frequented this thread lately. Yes I do know Joann.

Tomorrow in Soccer you have the big game at Old Trafford. If Leicester wins, they win the league and complete maybe the second most improbable league title if not the most improbable. They need any combination of 3 points in the last three games. Man U is playing tougher than they were earlier. L and eicester still doesn't have Vardy after his outburst at a flopping red card, but Ulloa has been on fire.

Tottenham has the easier slate of last three games. But they pretty much need to win all three and hope Leicester only can pull out two draws.

The game is at 9 AM EDT.

Comment

• I think 99% of soccer fans are rooting for Leicester today, that just does not happen in European soccer anymore, it's both incredible and wonderful.

P.S. second most improbable league title? who do you got?
                  http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    I haven't frequented this thread lately. Yes I do know Joann.

She's a sweetheart and such a hard worker for AOH and Friends of Camp Dearborn.

Comment

• Originally posted by essek031 View Post
                      I think 99% of soccer fans are rooting for Leicester today, that just does not happen in European soccer anymore, it's both incredible and wonderful.

P.S. second most improbable league title? who do you got?
                      I'm giving the standard Nottingham Forest in the 70s, but I am not an expert. It is hard to tell.

I do wonder if this is a one time thing like Blackburn in the 90s or do more teams compete. With the new American money coming next year, the mid table teams are going to be much tougher.

Comment

• Best thing that happened to Leicester this year was early exits from the domestic Cup competitions. They needed every minute they could squeeze out of their first 11 this year.

Comment

• Lots of crashes today at Talidaga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                            Best thing that happened to Leicester this year was early exits from the domestic Cup competitions. They needed every minute they could squeeze out of their first 11 this year.
                            No doubt about that. It has been a tale of two halves. The first half of the year, they were a swashbuckling side leaking goals but scoring a lot. Now they have been stupendous on defense in the second half of the season.

Comment

• Oh, sure Nottingham, to be fair I didn't even think about stuff that happened more then 20yrs or so

Don't know have you seen, but there is great movie about Nottingham's coach, Brian Clough - Damned United

One fun fact (well for me at least) in 1978, year they won CL, they played in my hometown friendly game, ended 1:1, we are still proud of that :D

Comment

• Chelsea came back, LCFC is champion, magnificent

Comment

Working...
                                X