Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the odds of us winning out is very low percentage.

If I had to guess, either Arkie or Tenn (hopefully not both) and TAMU. Auburn and LSU have athletes and a puncher's chance.

@Arkie
    @Tenn
    TAMU
    @LSU
    Auburn
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And that rinky-dink offense of Gus' always gives us trouble.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, you've won 3 national titles without winning them all, so meh.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Well, you've won 3 national titles without winning them all, so meh.
          True. Last year was a loss on Sept 19th.

The other two years were single losses in November, but it took multiple miracles around the nation for those stars to align. I mean, teams in front of us dropping like flies in wildly improbable fashion. If you had written it as a work of fiction, it would be rejected for being too far-fetched.

Comment

• Have him sit out the first quarter vs UK seems reasonable to me.
            How could I be so wrong? Nick really did the right think this time, putting the hammer down...making him sit out the first half...

Comment

• Even last year, without the miracle win by Arkansas to keep Ole Miss out of Atlanta, we would have not gone, imo. No way Bama gets in and a one-loss Ole Miss team that beat Bama AND won the SEC stays out. Not that the Rebs would get the spot, rather, they would have found out a way to select someone else than Bama.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                How could I be so wrong? Nick really did the right think this time, putting the hammer down...making him sit out the first half...
                He shouldn't have even sat out the half. Pissed me off. Ridiculous. Draconian. I'm gonna give him one of my holsters so he strap that son of a bitch on his hip in plain view instead of having it in a box, empty, with a frigging trigger lock on it. He can be perfectly legal from now on. Wonder if me giving a holster is an NCAA violation?

Comment

• Yes focus on treatment, not punishment

Comment

• Of course, this does make for a bit of a paradox: Saban's influence is so far-reaching that it allows him to get cases states hundreds of miles away to vanish, but he can't keep a university cop, in his own backyard, from writing up a player who should have been sent on his way without so much as a warning citation.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      Yes focus on treatment, not punishment
                      He should NOT have been punished. At all

Comment

• So St Nick did the wrong thing?

Comment

• Yeah. No doubt. He felt compelled to do something because of media scrutiny, I'm sure. Braying jackasses want Williams suspended indefinitely for this misguided misdemeanor. It is a shame. I hope Williams goes to court even though the fine is much cheaper than hiring a lawyer. Common sense tells you that an unloaded gun in a box with a trigger lock is not a "concealed weapon". When the cop asked for (CCW) papers, Tim thought he meant proof of ownership and pulled out a receipt. Just beyond silly.

I mean, I would understand it more if Alabama wasn't open carry. If this had been Cali or NY or NJ or whatever. Even then it's silly.

Bah.
                          Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 2, 2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Brandon Chicken is silly

Comment

• Well, that was said by the guy in the driver's seat, not Tim. By policy, after any incident, a player is drug tested and Tim was cleared with a clean test, but being out at 12:45am with your gun (in a box or not) is curious. I think he was planning on joining ISIS.
                              Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 2, 2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Of course, this does make for a bit of a paradox: Saban's influence is so far-reaching that it allows him to get cases states hundreds of miles away to vanish, but he can't keep a university cop, in his own backyard, from writing up a player who should have been sent on his way without so much as a warning citation.
                                Bag men have cars

Comment

Working...
                                X