No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing that I like about the current game... offensive players aren't getting nearly as much love when they initiate contact trying to draw the foul.

Comment

• Whoa. Curry just lost it. It looked like it was a pretty shitty call.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Whoa. Curry just lost it. It looked like it was a pretty shitty call.
        Well, when you try to go underneath someone and poke the ball away, unless the official has the perfect angle, it's going to look like contact. It's a gamble I suppose you have to take at that point in the game, though.

As for losing his cool, it's a nothingburger really. There's no way in HELL Curry is suspended for Game 7. He could have pulled out a gun out of his shorts and SHOT that fan and he'd still be suiting up Sunday night.

Comment

• Good job, LeBron.... forcing Game 7 (8pm Sunday) during quite possibly the greatest action hour of television we will have ever seen (season 6, ep 9, Game of Thrones 9pm).

Sunday night will be fun.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Cavs are hustling a lot more and they are attacking the basket. The Warriors are successful attacking the basket but it's not nearly enough.

I'll say this about Curry and his fouls, he has a right to complain, they are fouls for the most part but in this series they are letting the Cavs be real physical with him off the ball. JR Smith at times looks like he is bear hugging Curry. And he is getting hit after the shot on every three when the defender is there. Given how they are letting them play like that, he should be upset when they are calling some ticky-tack fouls.

I think Kerr should have been on this like his mentor Big Chief Triangle would have been. Kerr has been very vocal during the game, but to influence that you need to be vocal from the podium.

Comment

• He talked more about it today. Said his offense was based on motion and if they are allowing the Cavs to impede the motion and then calling ticky-tick shit it puts them at a huge disadvantage.

He, of course, is correct. We'll see how it gets called in game seven
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah I didn't see him say that but he needed to, he really should have been banging that drum earlier in the series. Make it harsh, take the fine.

They need to play broken down Varajeo more, he is the only one that can mitigate Thompson on the glass.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Yeah I didn't see him say that but he needed to, he really should have been banging that drum earlier in the series. Make it harsh, take the fine.

They need to play broken down Varajeo more, he is the only one that can mitigate Thompson on the glass.
                  He is the worst/best flopped in the history of the nba. Drives me nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                    He is the worst/best flopped in the history of the nba. Drives me nuts.
                    Manu Ginobilli demands an apology right now. That guy could take a wrist slap from Rip as he drove to the basket and you'd think he had been taken out by a sniper.

Besides, the best flopper of all time remains Vlade Divac. That guy could get you arrested for battery just by walking on the other side of the street from him.
                    Last edited by chemiclord; June 18, 2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Imagine what hand checking would do to GS motion offense... That rule was a quite literally a 'game changer'. And that's why I think the 2004 Pistons would destroy this years GS team in 4 games if played under the 2004 rules. Today's rules and it's probably GS, but not a given. I'm a homer as well.
                      Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; June 18, 2016, 10:32 PM.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Manu Ginobilli demands an apology right now. That guy could take a wrist slap from Rip as he drove to the basket and you'd think he had been taken out by a sniper.

Besides, the best flopper of all time remains Vlade Divac. That guy could get you arrested for battery just by walking on the other side of the street from him.
                        I watched Vlade and Manu and Verajao is worse. He flops and acts every single time he experiences contact. Someone barely brushed his arm by his ear and he falls to the ground grabbing his head and appears to be writhing in pain. The ref just ignored him. He remained on the floor a couple minutes in his pose. It's comical.

Comment

• Not even close. Varejao is comical, which is why no one buys it. Ginobilli and Divac weaponized the flop.

Comment

• Laimbeer was doing it long before either guy.

Comment

• Laimbeer was roasted nationally for flopping way way less then guys today do it (Not that Laimbeer cared what others said). The steady influx of euro players probably is the leading cause for why flopping is where flopping is today.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Imagine what hand checking would do to GS motion offense... That rule was a quite literally a 'game changer'. And that's why I think the 2004 Pistons would destroy this years GS team in 4 games if played under the 2004 rules. Today's rules and it's probably GS, but not a given. I'm a homer as well.
                                We saw it in games 5 & 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X