No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That whole program was built around a cult of personality. He's no longer there, there is some raw material to work with to make them good, but it isn't a slam dunk.

Comment

• The sanctions have really hurt the Lions, they're back to 85 scholarships but Franklin's good recruiting classes are freshman and sophomores. Offensive line is horrendous and more than a year away from being respectable.

Comment

• Two of the longest records in college football were broken yesterday by the Big Ten. The longest streak of consecutive opening game victories (by Nebraska) and the current longest non-losing streak by one team over another in Div. 1 (Penn State-Temple) A red letter day!

Comment

• Funny thing about Penn State... I watched 2 minutes of their game replay (it's on ESPNU right now).
          In the first quarter, there was a 30 second segment about how Penn State's offensive line focused on communication 4 hours a week this entire offseason. That's the one thing they worked on most.

LOL... then 10 sacks happen ... vs Temple!
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• In the first quarter, there was a 30 second segment about how Penn State's offensive line focused on communication 4 hours a week this entire offseason. That's the one thing they worked on most.
            Maybe they weren't all speaking the same language.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Maybe they weren't all speaking the same language.
              lol exactly.
              It's comical to think of the idea that the o-line did that this off-season... a reporter went out of her way to say that during the game... then PSU gives up 10 sacks to Temple.

My Boilermakers are playing their first game vs Marshall today (at 3pm on FOX Sports 1). Year 3 of Darrell Hazel. Big year!
              I expect Purdue to win 34 - 27.
              Marshall lost their star QB and star WR from last year, 3/5 of their starting o-line, and most of their defensive line.

Purdue returns EVERYONE on offense except for their two best RBs. No worries, they have this guy named DJ Knox... small/ quick RB that also has surprising strength ... and Mr. Indiana Markell Jones to replace them.
              Keep an eye on Jake Replogle. He is the best d-lineman at Purdue since Kerrigan IMO (as I'm one of the few that has watched every Purdue game since 2009 haha).
              Purdue also has good LB depth and two decent players in the secondary (Brown and Frankie Williams.).

QB? Based on progression and experience, Purdue fans are hoping Austin Appleby improved. Who knows. Marshall's strength will be their secondary... I expect 1 or 2 INTs.
              Boiler Up!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm one of the few that has watched every Purdue game since 2009

So what's your poison? Prozac, Xanax, Welbution, Jack Daniels, heroin??

Comment

• Penn State looked competent in the 1st quarter. After that it was a disaster. Easily the most embarrassing performance from anyone in the Big10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I'm one of the few that has watched every Purdue game since 2009

So what's your poison? Prozac, Xanax, Welbution, Jack Daniels, heroin??
                    lol.
                    It's like the fun of watching the Lions from 2004-2013.

Hope for a good team one day with a consistent rebuild.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• B10 is 3-6 vs FBS teams in week one.

Terrible conference except for Ohio State, who gets top 3 recruiting classes and has a top 3 head coach.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Probably more like top 1 head coach.

Comment

• Meyer and Saban. Top 2 for sure.
                          Interesting, at some point this season, Darrell Hazell will have more losses at Purdue than Meyer will have in his entire career.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• And Purdue lost a winnable game vs Marshall. Don't watch much Purdue games - still had to bet against them with -7 and what happens - Appleby throws a pick 6 with a little over a minute in the gamr to seal the loss against the spread.

Comment

• The dreaded backdoor cover.

Comment

• I had Purdue +7 lol.

Very heartbreaking because it looked like they would beat the spread for 90% of the game.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X