Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    I don't think they care because the party is a progressive party. Middle class working D's are beneath them..

Sadly, I don't think the R's really talk to them either. They're really a group without a political home.

My second

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Froot... those items could be said about numerous groups. That doesn't mean working class whites feel as if someone is listening to them. It's clear to me they are being talked over in favor of others.... heck, Hillary barely campaigned in the rust belt. It was noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Froot.. you assume a lot. What trump said has nothing to do with the D's and that voting block

Last edited by entropy; April 18, 2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• It was in the context of the Dems not talking to middle America. SLF pointed out that they did, but they didn't lie about bringing jobs back that are never coming back. You said that (paraphrase) that Trump spoke to their needs and wants. I pointed out that what he spoke to and promised is bullshit. Of course I didn't say they bought it hook, line and sinker, but I didn't think that I needed to point out something so obvious.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't follow your logic at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I don't follow your logic at all.

Let me try this... do you feel the D's campaign strategy was to win this voter block?

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I'm pretty sure increasing health care coverage through the ACA, helping the country out of the recession from 2008, saving the car industry would be fine points of evidence that the out of touch Democrats care.

But one of the things they didn't care about was that their black president was a secret Muslim born in Kenya and that made all the difference in the world. Trump knew this.

CGVT... I did not read this, as you did, as evidence of the D's speaking to this voting block. A benefit doesn't mean a purpose or a cause. That was my response.

ACA was not about white working class nor was a rebound of the 2008 when that demographic is one that has recovered the least.

Last edited by entropy; April 18, 2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  Froot... those items could be said about numerous groups. That doesn't mean working class whites feel as if someone is listening to them. It's clear to me they are being talked over in favor of others.... heck, Hillary barely campaigned in the rust belt. It was noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my response. I didn't mention trumps position, it was purely about the D's and nobody listening

Last edited by entropy; April 18, 2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Let me try this... do you feel the D's campaign strategy was to win this voter block?

I know you are asking Froot, but I think they thought that they had this block sewn up and got cocky and arrogant.

But the biggest mistake they made was underestimating how much Hillary Clinton was hated.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      I know you are asking Froot, but I think they thought that they had this block sewn up and got cocky and arrogant.

But the biggest mistake they made was underestimating how much Hillary Clinton was hated.

I can accept that... I may not fully agree, but I can buy that agreement. The vote for trump was more about anti-Hilary.. do I have that correct?

Comment

I can accept that... I may not fully agree, but I can buy that agreement. The vote for trump was more about anti-Hilary.. do I have that correct?

A very large part of it was. Many people that voted for Hillary did it reluctantly. I also think that there were as many Anybody but Hillary voters as there were anti Trump voters.

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          A very large part of it was. Many people that voted for Hillary did it reluctantly. I also think that there were as many Anybody but Hillary voters as there were anti Trump voters.

Agree with the anyone but Hillary or anyone but trump.

So what you believe is the white working lower class.. the unskilled.. were anti Hillary. I know not everyone, but the biggest factor in moving from a D to an R candidate in the last 4 yrs. just making sure I have this.... I'm not disagreeing with the prospect.

This next election may validate one of our positions.

But I still think I right. Heh..

Last edited by entropy; April 18, 2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

CGVT.. back to your wtf question... I scanned my posts today and the only place I mentioned trump talking to this block was a response to some specific questions by SLF. If that created the confusion, wasn't my intent. I was on a side tangent. Hopefully it's clearer.

Last edited by entropy; April 18, 2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Minorities didn't come out to vote for Hillary. The Ds thought they would, even though the signs said that they were not excited about her (more arrogance)

The BLM movement could not have happened at a worse time, either. It scared(s) the hell out of white folks. Trump's thinly veiled promises to get "them" under control was a big factor. Stop immigration because "they" are taking our jobs ("they" are not) etc etc. Promises to over turn anything Obama did... They hated Obama more than Hillary.

It was the perfect storm and Trump rode it directly to the White House.

Comment

CGVT.. back to your wtf question... I scanned my posts today and the only place I mentioned trump talking to this block was a response to some specific questions by SLF. If that created the confusion, wasn't my intent. I was on a side tangent. Hopefully it's clearer.

I was piggy backing onto SLFs response.

Comment

Working...
                                X