Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's being reported that Thornton Jr. has committed to doook and that he also may reclassify to be 2015.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/590534430999126018[/ame]

Comment

• whatever it takes, get Jaylen Brown. Spike could also take a medical, but hatch should for the sake of the team.

Comment

• With LeVert back I'd be reluctant to see Spike take a medical redshirt. Save for at the 5 there's contender-level talent on this team. IMO it's all hands on deck for next year.

Comment

• The way I understand it, Spike will be ready for fall practice and he has no intention of (or need for) taking a redshirt at all. I'm with hack on this one. It's a "win now" season.

Comment

• The Spike taking a medical doesn't even make sense. If he took a "medical", his career would be over, which isn't going to happen. If he redshirted because of injury, his scholarship still counts against the 13. That's not even an option.

IF Brown comes, it's Hatch, a transfer or Wagner not qualifying.

Comment

• Some good stuff on Moe Wagner. Sounds like a great kid.

BTPowerhouse had the chance to speak with 2015 Michigan commit Moritz Wagner about his interest in Michigan, his game, and what he thinks he can bring to the Wolverines next season.

Comment

• If I had a choice, I'd take Jaylen Brown over Caris LeVert. Each is gone after one season, so that is not an issue. I disagree with Hack about this, but I am sure Hack is a superb human being and I hope this disagreement causes him minimal psychological damage. I'm probably wrong anyway.

Oracle is correct in saying that a redshirt still counts as a scholarship. The fact that Beilein is still recruiting means someone is leaving, probably Donnel. Again I say that Hatch should be the one initiating taking himself off scholarship and putting Jaylen Brown on. This has so much to recommend it, particularly for Brown. Imagine the publicity he would get. Priceless.

I just got back from a winter in Scottsdale, and I can say that being on Pacific time absolutely destroys a sports fan's ability to watch games at "normal" times. The Lions are coming on as you walk into church. Tournament games start at 9:00 am. If I were a 5* basketball player, I'd definitely go to a school east of the Mississippi River just for the exposure. It is no wonder to me that LA doesn't have a pro football team (except USC). I can't tell you how odd it is to be in a place where no native seems to give a rats ass about sports. The sports bars are full of Midwesterners (particularly MN), but the locals just don't care. All the locals know is that when the Red Wings play the Coyotes the arena is 95% Red Wings fans. Same with Chicago.

Comment

• Brown's on record saying he wants to stay 2 year...but obviously that stuff can change. I hope Donnal doesn't leave and I'm sure(I'd guess) Hatch would be willing to give up his schollie, but no need to do anything before someone commits. I really don't want Donnal to leave, as underwhelming as his Fr year was.

I will probably never 100% get used to the sports schedules out here, but I like it much better. No more waiting for 3:30 or 5:00 kicks, or 4:00 kicks for the Lions. Love that all football is wrapped up by 8-9 o'clock. And Scottsdale, while having a pretty good young transplant crowd, isn't the most fun place to do much other than enjoy the weather.

Comment

• You can go to Chompies and then die early.

Not sure what you mean, Geezer. If the choice was between LeVert and Brown I'd pick Brown too. But LeVert back is no small thing, and next year's team is pretty much precisely what Beilein has been shooting for on offense this whole time. It's led by seniors and juniors, it features four guys who can pass and shoot around the perimeter, more than one guy who can create off the dribble and a solid roll man at center. Execution should be excellent thanks to the experience, and hopefully that will help avoid the confidence crash of this year.

On the off chance that Brown does come I'll be expecting to win the conference and ride a #1 seed to the Final Four. Anything less would be a disappointment. But even if he doesn't, I don't think the expectations fall very far. Beilein has his pieces in place now.

Comment

• The dearth of talent in the paint may put a hard ceiling on the team but it should be high enough for a successful year.

Comment

• That'll be the limiting factor, but if Beilein is the genius he supposedly is it shouldn't matter until the Final Four. He WAS that genius in '14. So we'll see. Shaping up to be a banner year for answering the question of whether a defense-first or offense-first approach is better.

Comment

• Hack:

All I meant was that if Le Vert coming back means we don't have a scholarship for Brown, I'd rather Le Vert leave and Brown come. Beilein is recruiting too hard for there to me no scholarships available. I'd not be surprised to see Chatman leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              I will probably never 100% get used to the sports schedules out here, but I like it much better. No more waiting for 3:30 or 5:00 kicks, or 4:00 kicks for the Lions. Love that all football is wrapped up by 8-9 o'clock. And Scottsdale, while having a pretty good young transplant crowd, isn't the most fun place to do much other than enjoy the weather.
                              Working in the bar-business when I lived out there (LA) did make for a rough turnaround when I'd get to sleep around 4-5am and Michigan had a 9am kickoff.

On the flipside, it was nice to catch most of the Tigers games or Pistons/Wings playoff games before having to go in to work.

Comment

• Austin Hatch has taken a medical, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X