No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't to long ago that michigan was giving out free tickets with coca cola cases and Brady Hogue had a plan to entice students with free donuts before the games. Is what it is lol.

Comment

• True Dat.

Ahhhhh, the Dave Brandon days. What joyful memories!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by 419 View Post
        Wasn't to long ago that michigan was giving out free tickets with coca cola cases and Brady Hogue had a plan to entice students with free donuts before the games. Is what it is lol.
        I hope the best for both programs and really think Dantonio and Harbaugh give both an advantage. Props to state for playing better football and beating OSU. That kicker running around celebrating a few years back was amazing.

And I get that Michigan has dominated historically. But it has been a long time since that was true. If it was not for the arrogance of U of M fans I think it would be easier to talk football with their fans. Their alumni grow up in a good football culture and most are passionate and knowledgeable. However, a lot of them come off as d bags regardless of the schools current record.

Anyway, hopefully they figure out their offense and start making a run. Go Blue and Green/white.
        AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post
          I hope the best for both programs and really think Dantonio and Harbaugh give both an advantage. Props to state for playing better football and beating OSU. That kicker running around celebrating a few years back was amazing.

And I get that Michigan has dominated historically. But it has been a long time since that was true. If it was not for the arrogance of U of M fans I think it would be easier to talk football with their fans. Their alumni grow up in a good football culture and most are passionate and knowledgeable. However, a lot of them come off as d bags regardless of the schools current record.

Anyway, hopefully they figure out their offense and start making a run. Go Blue and Green/white.
          Its kind of funny, I'm a michigan fan, I grew up on the state line literally. My parents house was in michigan, but part of our garage and our backyard was in toledo ohio. I grew up liking both msu and michigan.

I noticed just about every msu fan found it insulting when I would go further up north and root for both, back at state line no one cared. You were either osu or mich, msu fans were few and far between. Up in detroit they took it as I didn't respect msu.
          Last edited by 419; October 21, 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• I grew up expecting Michigan to win and taking whatever we could get with MSU. I wasn't old enough to understand, let alone appreciate the MSU team in the early-mid 60's.

In fact, I had to do research when on one Monday Night a guy named George Webster chased down, caught and tackled Bullet Bob Hayes from behind. Who the fuck was that!!!!! Bingo, light bulb damn near explodes, OMG!!! they had a fucking powerhouse team under Duffy.

Comment

• I knew absolutely nothing about MSU or UofM prior to joining this forum in 2010. Opened this thread in 2010, saw a bunch of bitch ass whiners and so became Spartanised.

Joking,..... put your blue & mustard wigs back on. Or Maize, whatever the fk it is!!
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Hey, MSU rolls Hibbie green. :D

Comment

• Nah man, the Hibs are back to their normal green. But for three years (2012-2015) , the Cabbage & Ribs were Sparty green.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    Additionally, I have been attending both Michigan and Michigan State games since the late 70's. The tailgaiting and attendance at State games surely rivals their counterparts in Ann Arbor.
                    One thing I noticed at the MSU game I attended was there was a plethora of booze compared to what I have seen in Ann Arbor. We must have walked through the student section and there were banquet tables at every house loaded with booze. We could have helped ourselves to it since no one was there. Further up closer to the stadium some drunk sparty girl went to high five my friend and we she saw his Indiana jacket she booed him instead and I lol'ed. On the way out after the game people were lined up to get into a bar and another drunk sparty girl was slurring to her friends "I've never gone to so much trouble to consume alcohol".
                    Last edited by edindetroit; October 21, 2017, 07:13 PM.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• So... who's ready for the O'Korn experiment to end?

Comment

• He looks like a young Scott Mitchell.

Since they are going nowhere this year and OKorn is a Sr, at what point do you start playing one of the younger QBs to give them some game experience for next year?

Comment

• I don't even think Harbaugh could get away with throwing the towel on the season without open rebellion breaking out in the athletic department.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                            One thing I noticed at the MSU game I attended was there was a plethora of booze compared to what I have seen in Ann Arbor. We must have walked through the student section and there were banquet tables at every house loaded with booze. We could have helped ourselves to it since no one was there. Further up closer to the stadium some drunk sparty girl went to high five my friend and we she saw his Indiana jacket she booed him instead and I lol'ed. On the way out after the game people were lined up to get into a bar and another drunk sparty girl was slurring to her friends "I've never gone to so much trouble to consume alcohol".
                            I like the almost high fiving, then booing part. Superb. Well done that lassie.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              The last Michigan game I attended (last year, first game of the season) we were walking down State St. heading toward the stadium and we went past the stadium to get something to eat before we went in. The surrounding houses all had portable tables loaded with half gallons of booze out front with tons of people milling around and a beer pong game going on about every other house. Many of the houses were wide open with people coming and going and some of them had greek letters spray painted on the gables as if they were frat houses.

Each house had music blaring and trying to drown out the one next door. The winner was the one that had a live band playing on the porch.

This was at 9AM on game day.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                The last Michigan game I attended (last year, first game of the season) we were walking down State St. heading toward the stadium and we went past the stadium to get something to eat before we went in. The surrounding houses all had portable tables loaded with half gallons of booze out front with tons of people milling around and a beer pong game going on about every other house. Many of the houses were wide open with people coming and going and some of them had greek letters spray painted on the gables as if they were frat houses.

Each house had music blaring and trying to drown out the one next door. The winner was the one that had a live band playing on the porch.

This was at 9AM on game day.
                                Must just be a student section thing. We always park at a doctor/dentist office and walk through the golf course to get to the big house.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X