Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the timing of the press-release by the NCAA is interesting. When was osu advised by the NCAA that FTM was going to happen?

osu offers up 5 scholies over a 3 year period. Is that 15 scholies (5 per year) or 5 total? I think it means 15 over 5 years but I could be wrong. That would be substantial. 5 over 5 years is too little.

I'd like to see a post season ban. Not sure that is going to happen. I'd say 60/40 against.

Amusing that osu fans commenting on the terribleness of the NCAA FTM charge "wonder" what PSU should get.

Idiots.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• It's 5 over 3 years. They will be at 83-83-84 over the next 3 years. 99.9/0.1 re no bowl ban/bowl ban.

OSU requested case summary from investigators by 11/17 and COI determination by 11/28. I think that's timeline (as, again, the NCAA people living in Cbus for this investigation).
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Those are pretty light sanctions for a team that had to forfeit an entire season.

As I've said all along ... they're well connected within the NCAA. Its paying off now.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Losing an average of 1.6 scholarship per year for 3 years is less than a slap on the wrist. It's more like a back massage.

Comment

• The NCAA could buy fifteen minutes of advertising space during the Super Bowl saying "please cheat, it pays and we won't punish you", and it wouldn't send as resounding a message as the NCAA completely letting OSU and Auburn off the hook.

Comment

• Damn DSL just when you thought being "Sanduskied" was enough, BAM, failure to monitor.

If memory serves you were very proud that the charge was not levied months ago.

Hopefully PSU keeps the NCAA busy in the interim and your punishment is applied to next season.

Despite the ongoing problems, Ohio State officials have insisted that the athletic compliance program directed by Doug Archie is “cutting edge” and among the best in the nation.

This is SitCom material!
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 10, 2011, 04:28 PM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The NCAA may not agree with the 5 over 3. It may go as high as 9 over 3 (82-82-82).

The scholarship reductions are not comparable to losing a coach and numerous player games (the DiGeronimo stuff, arguably, cost OSU a win in Lincoln b/c Herron would have played).

Regardless, it would appear this will wrap up by the end of the month and will include some scholarship reductions and, almost certainly, no postseason ban.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Re: losing a coach...

we didn't get to use that one with Steve Fisher.

Comment

• I hope that Hoke sees this and decides to run an extremely loose ship. Who knows, maybe he's already doing that.

Comment

• Secret video of the meeting between the NCAA and OlieO ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Lame. All the more reason to cheat your ass off.

Comment

• Five scholarships is nothing when you have so much talent in your own back yard to reel in. What does it take to get a bowl ban?
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            Secret video of the meeting between the NCAA and OlieO ...

http://youtu.be/sm1Jyusyoqk
                            LOL!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                              Five scholarships is nothing when you have so much talent in your own back yard to reel in. What does it take to get a bowl ban?
                              Hire Rich Rodriguez as your HC.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• F*cking joke of a "punishment"; first Cam Newton and now this.

Pays to cheat, obviously. Bravo, NCAA. Flood gates are now wide open; those programs still clinging to the "doing things the right way" mantra will go the way of the Ivy League schools.

Cheat at all costs, or be left crippled in the dust. Quite sad.
                                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Working...
                                X