Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badgers @ Wolverines, Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badgers @ Wolverines, Post Game Discussion.

This ABC/ESPN/2 thing can be confusing if you're streaming. Whether or not you can stream content to your tablet, like I tried to do while I was working, depends on agreements made between ABC local affiliates and ABC.

e.g., I couldn't stream to my tablet via the ABC App for that because the game was being carried on the local ABC affiliate. Although I didn't fool around with the ESPN App, I might have been able to do that if the game was on ESPN.

This game is very likely to be on ABC and if your local affiliate is broadcasting it, watch out for this.

Alternatively, what I did do was stream audio from IMG Sports network with the IMG App. However, I was forced to listen to Brandstater and Dierdorf muddle their way through the first quarter and part of the second. Thankfully I was watching at home and on TV after that.

These two are wretched as a pair. I think Brandstater can get the play by play done well as long as Dierdorf gets his color out of the way quick enough. They were constantly talking on top of each other with Brandstater forced to try to keep up as the play unfolded. Pretty awful. The one good part of IMG radio broadcast is Doug Karsh on the sidelines.

Brain Griese is a decent color guy for ABC/ESPN. Broke down plays really well with the chalk board stuff. Play by play was OK. The downside of the ABC/Disney broadcasts is all the happy horseshit stuff the announcers have to fit in and the totally worthless sideline commentary.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Really liked what I saw on both O and D. V. PSU albeit PSU's D is Hawaii bad. So, there is that.

But, Smith had a very good day power running and flashed some of the cutting he did v. UF. Suprised at his speed he could develop after he got going into the second level (PSU LB's being depleted not withstanding). Higdon and Evans have the speed to accelerate in small spaces that Smith doesn't seem to have. Nice one-two sort of thing. There was some huge holes created behind Magnuson at LT and Kalis at RG. Very encouraging.

Thought the Left side (Newsome and Braden) faired much better today than they did v. CU and Cole (C) didn't have to deal with CU's monster NT, Tupou ..... that kid was NFL good. Cole got to the second level with some nice reach blocks to spring Smith but .... yeah, PSU's LBs. All of this was nice to see even if it was against a depleted PSU defense.

The last two M drives reminded me of Wisky v. M under RR. Speight mentioned he was kinda laughing when Harbaugh seent in the same running play 7 times with the only difference being which side it went to. Heh, so great to be on the other side of that sort of beat down.

Going to the edge with a play worked decently - probably the best I've seen and Harbaugh had a couple of constraints for that, one with Peppers who was a decoy, that busted a big play. I wanted to see him come back with a constraint for McDoom who also attracts a lot of attention.

Anyway, M will work Wisky's field boundary coverages with the run and short passing game and I think Speight is better than MSU's Tyler O'Conner passing mid-to deep to Chesson and Darboh so, you've got a true two dimensional offense with M that I don't think MSU presented to Wisky.

Not seeing video, it's hard to tell how good Wisky's D was with those 3 INTs they got but I feel good about Speight's decision making at this point. He's also been good escaping against the blitz when it does get through and Smith is doing a good job of picking those up making sure it doesn't
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

If it's on ESPN (even reverse mirror of ABC), you should be able to stream to tablet. Just need to login with cable subscription through your service provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        If it's on ESPN (even reverse mirror of ABC), you should be able to stream to tablet. Just need to login with cable subscription through your service provider.
        Yeah, I think the problem only occurs when the local ABC affiliate has broadcast rights. ESPN/ABC Mirror I don't think is a problem.

Comment

Should be the 330 game w/ Clemson-Louisville the 8.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I've been able to stream the games that are broadcast locally on ESPN. Any game the is on ESPN/ABC has been available.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Every game on ABC should be reverse mirror somewhere on ESPN. If you get the game on ESPN, you should be able to stream it with ESPN Watch app.

Comment

Well then, I'll be ready next weekend for that with the ESPN Watch App. Thanks.

Comment

Test it out on the Thursday or Friday night ESPN games.

Comment

Peodophile State University is a bad team with a lot of injuries on the defensive side. Michigan's O-line will have their hands full with Wisconsin. Biegel and Cichy will pressure Speight all day. His missed throws and lack of scrambling ability will kill drives.

Wisconsin has beaten LSU and MSU. Michigan hasn't been tested for a full 4 quarters. Should be a nail-biter.
                    Save
                    Save
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

I'm still not a big fan of Speight.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

With good reason. Some of his throws are god-awful. Wisconsin is good against the run, so Speight will have to step up Saturday.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Speight needs to have his best game, didn't throw a pass over 10 yards second half.

Comment

Early - Michigan listed as a 10-point favorite against Wisconsin. A little high?

Comment

Should be closer to a TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X