No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horford could get minutes at center. Morris and Harris can be SF. Johnson could get SG minutes. It's not impossible, but yeah seems a bit crowded. Baynes has to be dreading the idea of Horford coming to Detroit.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• SVG is doing his damnedest with what he had.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Baynes or Morris would go of we signed Horford.

Comment

• For some reason, I randomly know a couple things about Ish Smith (prior to him signing in Detroit).
          Known as Ishmael Smith while playing at Wake Forest. Smith was the backup PG to Jeff Teague... the season when Wake Forest was ranked #1.
          Ish has also played for like one third of the NBA in his young career.

Solid move for the Pistons. 3 years, $6 million per season is good value considering what a lot of free agents have agreed to.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Smith played with him, he was the PG, Teague played more off the ball. That was a really good team that shit the bed in the tourney.
            Last edited by The Oracle; July 1, 2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• I think Stan and Bower are wise to be patient. I know the cap is skyrocketing. But I have a feeling there are going to be some albatross contracts choking a lot of payrolls within a couple years.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                I think Stan and Bower are wise to be patient. I know the cap is skyrocketing. But I have a feeling there are going to be some albatross contracts choking a lot of payrolls within a couple years.
                Not likely, honestly. If anything, the cap is going to skyrocket again the season after this. There's no reason at all to expect it's going to go down at all in the next five years. I don't know why fans in Detroit specifically get their hands a-wringing about salary caps in ANY sport going down anytime soon, but there's simply nothing to suggest they will in the near future.

That said, there's no particular reason for the Pistons to spend money on players who aren't going to have an impact, like a lot of teams are doing. Retaining the talent they have should be more than enough to keep them above the salary floor, while at the same time affording them the space to make a play on a FA target they might desire.

Comment

• These NBA contracts are absurd. Bench players are making 10+ mil.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Are they being patient or is it that there isn't anything left?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Are they being patient or is it that there isn't anything left?
                      Yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        These NBA contracts are absurd. Bench players are making 10+ mil.
                        Best way I can think of it is that in this offseason, the salary cap literally jumped almost 30% overnight. Reduce these contracts by about 30% and you see that while it's still pretty absurd, it's not any particularly more absurd than teams have normally splurged on.

Comment

• Hows anyone going to be able to afford going to games anymore? Theres alot of guys getting 10M+ that I wouldnt even want for the vet minimum.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                            Hows anyone going to be able to afford going to games anymore? Theres alot of guys getting 10M+ that I wouldnt even want for the vet minimum.....
                            Because, much like any other sports league nowadays, the big money is in TV contracts and other media. Ticket prices honestly don't HAVE to shift all that much, if any.

Comment

• Well we're getting a steal with Drummound and Jackson with the garbage that's being spent on bench players.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I read the cap will level off after 2017. Is that Incorrect?

If you have a starter like Horford at 30 mil, another starter in the 20-25 range, three more in the 18 mil range you are well over a hundred mil. I like Horford. I just don't see him as a max player.

Take Detroit - Drummond at 26 mil, Jackson at 18 mil, next year KCP is going to get at least 18 mil. If you have Horford at 30 mil you are up to 92 on 4 players. You'd better hope Horford gives you that chance to contend.

Forgot about Harris @ 16 mil. 5 players 108 mil.
                                Last edited by fontes91; July 2, 2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X