Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think GRIII needs to also work on his handle. He did start to take guys to the hole, off the dribble a bit more this year but I still think he has a ways to go to be able to do that all the time against better competition. I'm thinking of what TIMMAY did between his Sophomore and Junior years. I think Glenn can still improve his stock. I'm sure Mitch can and needs to. As for Nik, I don't know if he'll ever rise above being in the 10-15 pick range that he reportedly is right now. I'd love to see him back but he's the one potential departure that I think makes the most sense.

In the Pistons Forum, K-Stat compared him to Klay Thompson and I think he may have a point on that one. Nik's an elite shooter with deep range and a decent handle. He also has some passing ability. He's never going to be a great defender but he can be decent.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      GR3 needs to dedicate himself to shooting. He can do that in the NBA.
      From where? The bench?

He needs another year of college ball
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
        IMO, this is why the NBA is such a joke they way they scout and draft players. I totally understand valuing potential. But they way they look at 3-4 year players entering the league is a joke. On average you're probably only getting a guy for 4-5-6 years anyway. I can understand devaluing someone like DeAndre Kane a bit; he's 25. But they take it to a new level on 21-22 year olds.
        On average the one-and-done players have out performed 4-year seniors in the NBA. Talent is talent.

The myth that GMs pass on a guy because he stayed 4 years is incorrect. They pass on him because there are more talented players that just happens to be freshman and sophomores ahead of him on the board, and if he was that good he'd have left earlier.

McDermott will be a late lottery pick, which is where he deserves to be. He belongs in the NBA but his potential isn't great. He doesn't do much aside from score.
        Last edited by Kstat; April 8, 2014, 05:45 AM.

Comment

From where? The bench?
          He will get paid to spend 8 hours a day shooting. IMO, being a professional and being entirely dedicated to the game without limitation outweighs whatever gains he would get from the increased minutes for 30ish college games versus 82 NBA games with limited minutes.

It may take him a year or two, but he can get there.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

My take is that GRIII may need Michigan more than Michigan needs him for next year. Robinson has never played in college at his pro position -- small forward. Getting that experience at Michigan next year would be huge. On the other hand, Michigan is deep at that position, especially in the (admittedly unlikely) event that Stauskas comes back...

Comment

The '4' in JB's offense is very far from a prototypical '4'; this bigger issue is GR3 is forced to defend power forwards too often and box them out. Not that many teams have good size at the four in college basketball today.

Comment

this bigger issue is GR3 is forced to defend power forwards too often and box them out. Not that many teams have good size at the four in college basketball today.

What do you mean there? I agree with the first half. The second half seems to say the opposite, but I'm not sure.

Comment

I'm saying the issue is overblown as there aren't that many 6'9"+/220+lb power forwards that GR3 has a lot of troubles defending and/or boxing out. Plus the above issue is negated by the advantages that GR3 has on the offensive end against a lot of opponents...

That said, M's last two tourney losses the issue was the teams most glaring issue, if M had a true power forward in those games, M might have a NT and at least another FF banner.

Comment

I'm not seeing enough of that offensive mismatching on GRIII's behalf.

Comment

That was GRIII's fault. It isn't like he didn't have wide open looks every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        I think that came on a bit in the latter half of the season. Agree with AM there. Still, the point is to have a stretch 4 and not necessarily a small 4. I prefer a 4-sized 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Well those games would be UK, Tennessee, Texas, probably Iowa, MSU(without Dawson), Arizona, Stanford and FSU...off the top of my head. You didn't notice an offensive advantage in those games?

Comment

From mgoblog, good news. Great to see Beilein adjust:

Brendan F. Quinn @BFQuinn
                            Beilein tells @michiganinsider he may look for a bigger shotblocker to place on the back line due to changes in block/charge call
                            about 23 hours ago

Comment

Just read on ESPN that Stauskus is declaring for the NBA?
                              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

According to MGoblog, Stauskas himself has tweeted that he hasn't made a decision yet.

Methinks someone is trying to jump a story that isn't there yet.

My opinion, which is based on absolutely no facts at all, is that Stauskas is leaving.

I hope he stays, for totally selfish reasons. Michigan would be a definite FF contender with him back.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X