Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor mill says expect Bannon to be gone very soon. Possibly today

Comment

• Opps, never mind, NYT says it's a done deal. Another "I fired him/I resigned" situation

Comment

• The only one of these guys left is the only one Trump can't fire

Comment

• And the pussy still had no balls to do it himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
            And the pussy still had no balls to do it himself.
            Nope...lol...someone else is always the hatchet man.

The current editor of Breitbart simply tweeted out #WAR. So good luck, Donnie

Comment

• Bannon is officially out. This administration continues with it's self inflicted death by a thousand cuts.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• terrorism to me is preplanning and executing an attack designed to take out people you don't specifically know with the specific motive of exploiting/publicizing your "cause"

I guess 96 qualifies although im not sure what rudolphs

What is this nonsense?

in Europe they've had nice france/paris france x 2, Brussels, Barcelona, munich, London x 2 and Manchester.

the easy answer is there's not a body of water separating Europe from extreme muslim terrorists who have claimed responsibility for each of these groups

Is it that hard for you to factor in the existence of boats and airplanes?

Comment

• James Murdoch (yes, that family) puts out a statement ripping Trump and pledges a $1M donation to the Defamation League.
                  Do you mean Anti-Defamation League? Maybe you should cut and paste like CGVT rather than trying to remember the days' talking points.

Comment

• heh
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• my opinion is it doesn't change the past... it doesn't change what happened. Should they be on state grounds, probably not.. but I think we have bigger issues to solve than a statue about the past.

either way, I don't lose sleep over it. I just think americans spend weeks on topics that won't make a difference. Somewhat interesting, I guess.
                      I agree with the sentiment here.

What a lot of this comes down to, I'm afraid, is the modern concept that we have a right to not be offended by the actions of others, whether taken now or taken in the past. I doubt if the alt-right supremacists cared one wit about the Lee statue. Charlottesville was an advertised gathering of misfits, and a few hundred showed up.

But, if we have a right to not be offended, and if that right may be defended with violence, where are we then?

For example, from the Dec. of Ind.:
                      He has excited domestic Insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the Inhabitants of our Frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known Rule of Warfare, is an undistinguished Destruction, of all Ages, Sexes and Conditions.

At what point do we simply take this out of the Declaration because it can offend some Indians? If we take down statues of Confederate Generals because they made war against the US, what do we do with the statues of great Indian warriors? Should we take down statues of Clinton because he was a sexual predator? Or Woodrow Wilson because he was overtly racist and re-segregated the armed forces?

Where is the limiting factor of this right to not to be offended? Or does the size of the mob dictate what stays or what goes?

Comment

• Take it out of the Declaration of Independence? what are you talking about with that sophistry? Give me a break. Weak.

Comment

• It just so happens after the election, Da Geezer wanted that right to not be offended as he was searching for a non-existent post that offended him and he wanted that person banned!

Comment

• Do you mean Anti-Defamation League? Maybe you should cut and paste like CGVT rather than trying to remember the days' talking points.
                            heh

Comment

• Bannon is officially out. This administration continues with it's self inflicted death by a thousand cuts.
                              You're not actually saying that getting rid of Bannon is a bad thing?
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, if we’re talking about the right to not be offended, we’d all better pull up a chair as we have all kinds of laws and codes that prevent offense in the public domain. From the governance of advertisements along our roadways, to when one can and cannot purchase liquor, to the language allowed on television, on and on. Maybe that notion is best tabled.

Maybe, in the instance of this particular issue, we can consider that many persons have always been offended by these statues....but had no say in the matter when they were built generations ago. Its fair to conclude that this current debate on the retention of these statues is occurring on a more level playing field than those regarding their construction. Let the municipalities hash it out as such.

Comment

Working...
                                X