Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sophomore point guard Darius Morris is believed to be considering entering the NBA Draft.

Pretty vague sourcing. If true I would hope Joe Dumars nabs him in the second round, but for sure he should stay for another year of seasoning. I thought his decisionmaking got a little worse in the tournaments -- some tunnel vision.

Comment

Really re recruiting? Full up already with those two? I want more bigs!

Comment

Yeah, we went for wings instead of bigs for 2012. They both seem talented, so at least that's good.
        That said, almost assuredly one or both of Morris & Hardaway Jr. will head for the NBA after next season so there could be a scholarship freed up for a big.

Comment

Stauskas highlights:

[YOUTUBE]WZfYSC3lU9k&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4tXrvrrWSks&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Rob - I'm not really over concerned. If Morris decides to pull an "Ernest Shazor" and leave before he's ready, we've got Burke coming in, who has the potential to start as a freshman, and fill the role left by Morris.

Still, I hope Morris stays another year.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I think we'll most likely be an NCAA tourney team without him but with him we could make a serious run at the Big 10 title and a run to the 2nd or 3rd weekend of the NCAA's.

On paper, we'd have the best Michigan team since '97-'98 and maybe even since '93-'94.
              Last edited by *JD*; March 27, 2011, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                Yeah, we went for wings instead of bigs for 2012. They both seem talented, so at least that's good.
                That said, almost assuredly one or both of Morris & Hardaway Jr. will head for the NBA after next season so there could be a scholarship freed up for a big.
                Boy I hope Hardaway doesnt leave after next season. That would be a shame.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I'd like to see at least one year of TH Jr. & Glenn Robinson III playing together but if Tim has a full season like how his last 6 weeks were, I'd expect he'd make the jump.

Comment

Checking over at Rivals this morning, and it appears the "Morris to depart" rumors are just that. Morris just tweeted that the rumors are false. He said that he was checking on his NBA prospects to satisfy some family members, but that he's staying in A2.

It could have been a false "tweet", but it was posted by people who seem to know Darius Morris and have been reliable in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Checking over at Rivals this morning, and it appears the "Morris to depart" rumors are just that. Morris just tweeted that the rumors are false. He said that he was checking on his NBA prospects to satisfy some family members, but that he's staying in A2.

It could have been a false "tweet", but it was posted by people who seem to know Darius Morris and have been reliable in the past.
                      Here's his tweet:

dariusmorris4 Darius Morris
                      #goodmorning don't believe what you hear or in this generation what you read
                      1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Comment

He may have been trying to find out if he was a first round pick. Honestly, any kid that is a guaranteed first round pick should probably go--they've hit the lottery. But if you have ANY chance of slipping to round 2, you should stick around.

I think if Morris sticks another year, he could be a 1st rounder in 2012. Especially if he works on his left hand. But I don't think he is a guaranteed first rounder just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                          He may have been trying to find out if he was a first round pick. Honestly, any kid that is a guaranteed first round pick should probably go--they've hit the lottery. But if you have ANY chance of slipping to round 2, you should stick around.

I think if Morris sticks another year, he could be a 1st rounder in 2012. Especially if he works on his left hand. But I don't think he is a guaranteed first rounder just yet.
                          Normally, I'd agree but since there's a 50/50 chance there won't even be a season next year, it might be worth staying in college to see if you can move up into the lottery.

Comment

Exactly. Anyone who is considering leaving early may want to hold off, due to the labor situation.

Comment

I wonder also if anyone is realizing after watching VCU do it that it is VERY possible for the '11-'12 Michigan Wolverine Basketball team can make the Final Four. If Darius plays well on a Michigan team making the Final Four, he's a top 13 pick.

Comment

I'm no basketball expert but after I saw the figures on the route to the final four/nc game detailing the low probability of success for 8 seeds, I think it is entirely possible that with a better seed (10 or 11 like we thought), the 2011 M team gets to the elite 8 maybe losing to Zona; but facing Duke in the second round was a death sentence.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X