Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make that 4-0, after a power-play goal just 1:12 into the 3rd period, by A.J. Treais.

time to put a fork into the Falcons, I do think they're done

Comment

Very classy gesture going on right now at Yost, midway thru the 3rd period. With a 4-0 lead, Red just pulled Shawn Hunwick from goal so that the senior goalie could get a well-deserved showing of love from the Michigan hockey fans in his last game at Yost. Listening to it on the radio sent chills up and down my spine, the cheering and applause went on for probably 2 minutes before action was resumed

Comment

11 minutes to go BTW

Comment

Hogan just gave up a goal at the 10:10 mark, refs reviewed a play that was originally ruled no goal, then over-ruled

This just in:

ND lost that game to LS State 4-3, that series goes to a game 3 tomorrow

Western beat Ferris, so that series also goes to a deciding 3rd game Sunday

And Miami gets a 2-game sweep, beating the Nanucks by identical 4-1 scores Friday and tonight

Comment

still 4-1 MEEEEECHIGAN, 5 minutes 'til it's over

Comment

break in the action, 1:30 to go, pep band playing "The Victors"

Comment

Yost PA: "One minute"

Yost Crowd: "Thank You!"

Yost PA: "You're welcome!"

Yost Arena and U of M Hockey---ya gotta love it, and you will once you get a taste of it!

Comment

GAME!!!!!!

4-1 final, Good Guys beat the Brothers Gibb

Comment

wrong thread, but hockey, anyway:

Red Wings lead the Blues right now 4-3 in the 3rd, just scored on a sensational display of puck-handling by Pavel Datsyuk, who deked his way around several defenders before burying the puck over the left shoulder of the Blue's goalie. It's gotta be at or near the top to ESPN's top 10 plays today...

Comment

Post -game wrap-up talking about Michigan's next opponent, all gonna be decided by the 2 game 3's tomorrow, as the CCHA re-seeds the tournament as it progresses.

We will likely play next on Friday night, playing either WMU, Ferris, or LS State. One thing for certain, we won't play ND on Friday, pending them beating LS State tomorrow, since they won't match up the top 2 remaining seeds in the semi's.

Comment

bHere's Friday's CCHA semi-final schedule: ND (who beat LS St Sunday in game 3, 4-2 ) faces Miami at 4:30, followed by Michigan vs. WMU at 8:05. Western Teacher's College got there by knocking off the Ferris Pharmicists in OT Sunday, 5-4.

Liney---there's still a chance of me making the schedule switches to make either Friday's or Saturday's games. BTW, the 3rd place game on Saturday starts at 3:30, followed by the championship game at 7:35. Are you still planning on going?

Comment

If I go, it will be to Friday's game. We're probably going over to Greektown to eat, and play a few slots, then we'll jump on the People Mover and head to the Joe sometime around 7:00. Do you still have my cell number?
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Michigan and Miami are now tied for 4th in the Pairwise in a battle for the last #1 seed. This weekend will make the difference. If either of the two win the CCHA tourney, they will likely be a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney. Fortunately for Michigan, they have an easier semifinal game. Although Western is projected to make the tourney as well (currently 11/12).

BTW, does anyone know how many consecutive years Michigan has made it to the Joe for the CCHA finals? I believe it's north of 20 years now.

Comment

I think I read that its 22 years in a row now.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

That's very impressive not to have stumbled even once.

Comment

Working...
                                X